[12] The Cloaks And Canines

The dark bricks all around were adjoining the houses together. Some had two stairs as a porch for their entrances while some had plain entrances like Karam's one room flat had.

I rolled my eyes mentally while observing the muddy pathway around the leather slippers I was given by Amelia. Looked like Karam had given my size for the new footwear that would be just for me. But it wasn't ready yet. While for the time being, I could use Stella's sandals. The leather straps were criss crossed simply with the flats. They were comfortable since this was the first time I was not walking barefoot in the Lycan territory.

In front of me, were standing the eighty to ninety members of the pack. Some of them had pointy ears, mostly males. The costumes were appealing with low necks, bandanas, high leathered boots, necklaces, frilly gowns and even leathered jackets. 

I could wonder how many families would they be in total. Maybe, twelve or thirteen if every family had members like Kingston had.

Thinking of him, he was standing with Amelia and the pups on our right side. Between his family and us, were standing Robin and Nysa with their pups. Turned out, apart from Stella and Denisa, they had one more daughter Lucy. Did I know it already? I couldn't remember then. Because Nysa just introduced me to them, calling me their so called 'new Aunt'.

After them was standing Karam beside me, staring ahead with blankness in his eyes. We hadn't talked since he had left in the morning. It was evening now.

Amelia had kept me tortured with asking me to stay presentable in a new pair of long skirt and top. She made those tight braids again of my hair and leaving half of then down. She moved my nose ring while applying oil, asking me to start moving it now absentmindedly so the hole could stay loose and healthy.

I was jet-lagged honestly. Just by their conditions and orders.

I felt like yelling on the top of lungs "Fuck you, all" and disappear.

Only if it was possible.

On my right side, Lysar was standing with a smirk on his face, eyeing up the unmated and mated females who were already gazing at him. Honestly, they were staring at all the four brothers. I couldn't decipher what was so attracting in these cavemen.

Perpendicular to Lysar, another row was formed by Salome and his mate, Natasha. She was the one who had won the upper hand ritual and I couldn't agree more. She looked badass from the confident smirks on her face. She didn't look like she was an outsider. It pained me to see that she had given up too and was enjoying the life here with the way, she was smiling back at her mate. Beside her was standing a little girl, might be six-year-old or less. Her name was Costina, they had told me.

It was surprising to get a tight hug from Natasha. Unlike Amelia or Nysa, she was cool with less compliments for me and more reality about Lucine.

"Just be quiet in front of her," she had suggested while patting my cheek.

My eyes moved further to observe Salome's two younger siblings. Oskar who looked same age as of Karam with his long beard and high bun. Except Karam didn't have those big blue eyes.

Younger than him was. . . Noira, I guess. She had knee-length hair and I couldn't stop staring at the one braid she had made of them. Her features were innocent with cute puffy lips and parrot-like nose, but that braid was snaked over her shoulder, ready to whiplash someone.

Ahead of her, was standing a man with angry looks. His very vibe was indigestible when Amelia introduced them to me.

"Human," he had hummed with squinted blue eyes, and clenched jaws. "Make her rip those hair off your head at night, Karam. Notorious souls are meant to be tamed."