[8] The Monster

Jolts of restlessness occurred at my joints.

Moving my orbs, I tried to open my eyes. But the mind was too heavy to do that. The whole body was asleep.

Breathing softly, I hissed at the little bit of pain that occurred on my right palm.

Cold air caressed my cheeks, making me snuggle into the furs more. While I felt the slow wetness on my palm. It was spreading sparks all over my body.

Squirming in pleasure, I turned on my side and let out a breathe, giving in to the deep slumber that I wasn't ready to get out from.

.

.

______

.

.

Opening my eyes, my heart bounced in the sudden realization.

I sat up hurriedly while groaning hard at the slight ache I felt in the head. Touching my forehead, I further winced at the pain in my palm.

Checking my right hand, a white cloth was wrapped around the cut those women had made.

Fresh morning wind entered the room from the window of the room that was open fully.

Suddenly, my eyes took in the soft net silk that blew along the wind. The cloth was tied around the pillars of the bed. My head raised slowly to observed the cloth being spread over the frame like a ceiling.

"A canopy bed," I mumbled in confusion.

Lowering down my eyes to observe the vintage looking wooden pillars covered by spiralled cloth around them, my gaze fell on the foot of the bed.

The fence made of wooden bars was the bridge between the two pillars. While behind them was standing the so-called mate of mine, with one of his elbows resting against the upper grill, wearing a lazy smirk.

"Morning, my mate."

My eyes moved down on my lap immediately. I touched my stomach and legs. Relief filled my senses when I felt and saw the silky red dress.

Except the top's cut sleeves were loose that one strap had fallen over my shoulder, exposing much of my cleavage.

My jaws clenched and nostrils flared while I pulled back the strap. "Fuck you," I mumbled.

His eyebrows raised immediately and he tilted his head. "Really?"

I closed my eyes and sighed, moving my legs to check if I was touched by any senses with my heart beating crazily in fear.

"Where am I?" I asked coldly, while looking in confusion. The two doors and the cupboard were there only.

He hummed and walked around the bed after removing his elbow off the fence. "We had changed the bed during the rituals," he said, smiling slightly while patting the pillar. "I made it myself with the help of brothers."

My eyebrows straightened in disbelief as I observed the curved shapes of the straight pillars and the designs carved on them. The dark brown paint was done with such finishing, I wanted to nod in appreciation.

"The canopy looks royal," he said, scratching his arms wide, letting his thin white shirt rise up to show off the hair line over the lean stomach. His pants were literally hanging low on his hip bones.

"A tribal man wanting a canopy. You aren't some prince!" I said, wanting to be so mean to him because I was irritated by the very smile on his face.

He had pulled back his hair in a tight bun again. The black threads around his waist made them look thicker and muscular.

"But you are a princess. So, it was the right time to replace the old bed with this one." He said, sitting on the chair beside the bed, spreading his legs wide casually and tipping fingers on arms of the chair.