[43] Restlessness

The hustle and bustle of the evening was getting brighter by each passing second.

The males seemed joyful and talkative while women were just happy to share food and dress up attractively.

The whole set up was done with the wooden sticks all around. Wooden tables were put on every fifth step with the big fire space in the middle, leaving more space for the dancers to move around it.

The torches and candles cases were all around, creating the perfect medieval theme with the sound of bagpipes and drums playing in the background.

The plates full of meat and glasses full of wines were everywhere. Drunkards had already started to make a mess by spilling wine over their clothes and tables. Some traditional ones actually had horns in their hands, sipping up aggressively and letting out satisfied growls.

Comparing to all other bonfire parties, this one had already turned adult-rated when I walked out of my room all dressed up and caught Adam getting cozier with a common female against the wall.

The girls of the family weren't shy to stay back at home and instead, were drinking and gossiping around one table. Even Kenny was roaming through the venue with that keen observer gaze.

I couldn't keep Keev back on someone's watch at a time like this when there was huge gathering outside our houses. Neither could I stay back with him and miss the chance to complete Chelsea's task, nor could I disturb Alma or Emily again.

So, I dressed him up nicely with extra cloak for the cold wind and carried him in my arms to have my dinner.

Knowing that I wouldn't be having a vegetarian dish among the ones decorated on the huge table, Natasha made a heartwarming gesture by offering to cook food for me.

It was a spicy spinach paste and bread for me. Meanwhile, Keev was provided his food.

It was peaceful inside her house when everything was chao outside.

The hoots and drums were getting louder. The noise of gossips and laughter were wholesome yet scary for me because of it being the perfect atmosphere for the task I had to do.

"I haven't seen Karam yet," said Natasha while wiping Keev's mouth with a cloth. We were seated around the medium sized table.

The mere mention of him, made me stop chewing on my food. A pout formed and a sigh escaped me in speechlessness.

As if I hadn't been realising that the whole day.

Any other day, Karam would return before the evening could darken. But today, the night had approached me before him. I wasn't even waiting for him as I knew that he was upset with me. Or should I say that I was upset with him?

"Might show up with the dancers," I muttered awkwardly while preparing another morsel for me.

There were two shades of Natasha. One, where she would forget everything and just focus on us being cousins. The other one would be where she would play the role of the most calm mate of the most composed brother among this family.

The second shade was on at the moment.

The kohl around her eyes lightened those orbs more when she tilted her head and gave me a smile. "He'll come back to you, at the end of the day. Marriage is not easy. He too gets bothered as much you get."

I could give him all the space he needed. Wasn't that what I had been suggesting him since the moment his Lycan form growled at my neck on the scariest rainy night of my life?

"The mistake would be to try to put salt on the wounds, Misty. As a human, you are at a responsibility to be the calmer one. It doesn't mean that it always have to be you because he is a born beast. But you can understand that he has a Lycan heart which is going through so much."