Telling him everything could be against my benefit. I couldn't take risk at being all honest. I had to be careful before revealing any important thing.

"Yes, it is. The temple is built strong and beautiful. The chieftain and her follower are helping them. A little scolding is only for the stubborn ones. Otherwise, the temple is really a great place to heal them from the heartbreak and loneliness."

He looked like he didn't believe it. But then, he had to. But for me, I wasn't lying at all.

"The girls dance in their devotion to Severa. They play together and eat together. These is harmony in the temple."

The rough bushy beard moved as he moved his tongue inside his mouth in thought. "What of the full moon night, erh? Was it still harmonious?"

My gaze went down to the mess we both made on the ground ahead of us.

"Some had a tough time. Some were helping the one's with tough time." I replied quietly.

He looked at me, making me glance at him. Giving me a serious determined look of those narrow eyebrows, he asked, "Were there any kind of hymns and rituals? Something evil?"

"Li-Like dark magic?"

He nodded slowly while I shook my head. "Only prayers."

He sighed slowly while looking away. Pushing his beard downwards with his right hand in thought, he put another hand on his thigh, seated in the rock with a serious face, looking like a grim King.

His undefeatable and unmatchable aura reminded me of the first time I had seen him. Lysar and Beta Barald were by his sides, I guess. But he himself, was so brief to Pete. He watched the packs arguing about me.

"Would you mind if I ask a question?"

His movements stopped and continued slowly. His silence signed me that he was listening.

Gulping in slight terror, I tilted my head while looking at him. "Why don't you create harmony with the packs too? Let's just tell them, this pack's population is dying. That no females would be harmed. Living here is such a great opportunity to get Nirvana. This valley is so-so beautiful. The only thing that keeps this pack apart from the packs outside the border, is its ancientness."

Kingston stared ahead with no change in his serious facial expressions.

I gulped again as my confidence started loosening because of his silence.

"Why don't you ask the packs to help you with new progresses of this world? In centuries, surely nothing has remained same. You must know that. You can't keep this pack behind centuries for forever. This pack needs the modern and advanced ideas of the world outside."

He stayed quiet, making me fear the end of whatever little friendliness he had with me.

"It can never happen." He said, getting up abruptly.

"But—"

A faint growl escaped his mouth, making me stumble back in fright. I gasped while looking up at him in shock because his growl had felt like ripping my spine out of my back. It had travelled across from stomach to up my throat, shaking every limb.

My heart literally ached in terror.

The Alpha everyone feared here, was now glaring down at me.

"After living in a caged territory, telling them our weaknesses would be the end of our world. You think, we haven't tried to be fair in deals with them. We have always been fair. It is not our fault that their sons and brothers could not cross the border then. But they never stay fair. The packs outside the border enjoy the end of Lycan world. They had stopped sending the females in between. Hells would break, the ground will shake. Moon Goddess herself will fall down to stop us from doing that. Because she too knows, it won't benefit anyone. Not even her."