jisung's story

after graduation, jisung was casted into a talent agency and became adored by most in all of korea since his debut as an idol.

jisung was someone who dreamed of making it big, often sharing his dreams and goals in life with jaemin who shared similar hopes. luckily enough, he was given enough talent to steal the stars from the sky and make his dreams happen with a single business card handed to him.

that was after he hadn't heard from hyuck, jaemin, jeno, or mark anymore. he kept in touch with chenle and it was great but then as a trainee, his dream got too important and so jisung broke his phone, throwing it away as it served as a distraction.

when he made his debut, immediately people began to love him and his abilities, often making it harder for him to roam around in public in fear of getting bombarded and trampled. but it was the life of an idol and jisung knew all about it and too much of it to turn a blind eye.

this was the ultimate dream he had been seeking for the past quarter of his life so why wasn't he still satisfied after half a decade of being an idol? what else was missing from his life that had hit him so hard that one day park jisung, greatest kpop idol of all time, had run away from it all?

it had only been seven days since jisung had run away, the first day he stopped by chenle's old house, then he stopped by jaemin's, then renjun's, then jeno's, then hyuck's, and then on his very last day before he would continue to live a life of always being exhausted, he visited the dream house up in mark's tree.

he remembers how he came to be a part of the tree house's memories. it was when mark's parents had signed him up for baseball but mark wanted to taekwondo instead so he would walk to jisung's father's taekwondo studio and do that instead of baseball. it continued for two years until his parents found out.

jisung could remember it, faking the baseball games with the kids around the neighborhood like doyoung and taeyong along with the dream team. god, chenle was such a weak swinger, he shouldn't have given him his baseball bat because were was still a bruise on jisung's shoulder.

those were the good times and nothing, absolutely nothing would ever get jisung to forget the memories they all shared together. and so as he's laying on the rug in the tree house, he could almost remember how it felt back then, to sit and drink juice while renjun sang a song with voice cracks that were too many to count.

but in the depths of those memories, jisung could remember the fight he had with mark just a few days before mark and his family moved without a reason. mark had told jisung that he was going to tear down the tree house because there was going to be no reason to return again because they were all grown now.

jisung flipped out because all of his childhood memories were stored between the the wooden walls of the dream house. he told mark that he was being stupid and that what if one day mark has children and they wanted a tree house. that night, he even punched mark over that minor problem and it was so shameful because all mark had ever done in life was be a good friend.

mark always supported jisung no matter what he did and now that mark was gone, the idol life he thought he would love is tearing him slowly from the inside and he could do absolutely nothing about it because mark isn't here to help him, but he always heard mark's voice, "you got this, jisung!"

then the boy's close to tears but before he could let any fall, he contains himself and wraps a soft blanket over his lap, thinking about how nice it would be if he saw his friends again, just once. but each and every time jisung climbed down the ladder leading to the tree house, he says one thing and one thing only, "i'll be back".