Chapter 12

TW: IMPLIED UNALIVING
Okay, so final chapter? Here we go boys

Lea opened her eyes quickly, lifting up her head and hitting it against the door behind her. The door? She jumped up and turned around, vaguely remembering what had happened.

She stood up, patting her pockets to make sure everything was still there. She felt something cold and about the size of her hand protruding from her side. Good.

Remembering she had hit the door, Lea backed away and decided to go for a walk. She didn't want to go into the apartment while George was in there with Clay. All that would do was scare him.

(a/n I know that I'm writing this and that this is 100% my fault, but bish you tried to murder his boyfriend but that didn't bother you? Why am I triggered at my own character wtf lmao)

The cool, damp air hit her face the instant she stepped outside. She had only gone into the apartment building because it had been raining, and to feel closer to George. Obviously. She hummed, happy to just think about him. His eyes, his face, his hair, his voice, he was so perfect. A few people stared at her giant smile with concern, but just avoided her. After a few hours, Lea decided to head back to the apartment, getting impatient. She looked through the peephole of the door but still saw the same amount of shoes, making her assume that George was still there.

She waited another twenty minutes, but eventually decided that the wait wasn't worth it. Lea silently opened the door, she had picked to lock a while ago. She looked around, taking in her surroundings. The kitchen was directly to her left, where she would go if her weapon failed. The living room had a good amount of open space and a hallway to her right with a few doors in it. She knew from her last visit to George's apartment that the closest door was Clay's.

In and out. Easy. Well, not exactly. She had failed to kill him last time, and Lea wanted this to be over. So she had brought something more effective than a knife. The girl slid the gun out of her pocket and slowly ran a finger down it. This was it. The rest of her life depended on this. The sound of the gunshot was guaranteed to wake up George, but that didn't matter, right? Once Clay was dead, he'd realize that he didn't need him. He only needed her.

Lea resisted the urge to giggle in excitement as she slowly made her way through the darkness and towards Clay's room. She silently pushed open the door with one finger and peered inside, expecting to find the blonde boy lying alone on his bed, completely vulnerable. Instead, she found him and George peacefully intertwined, Clay's head beneath his. 

Lea grimaced. She didn't want to shoot Clay right there, it could damage George's hearing and he might get blood on him. She was going to have to wake him up.

She hesitantly grabbed his shoulder and gently shook him. "George," she whispered. "I came back for you."

The brunette slowly opened his dark eyes, which immediately widened when he saw who was standing over him.

"WHAT THE HELL?" He sat up and shoved her cold hand off of him, his sudden movements shaking Clay awake.

"George?" his words were slurred from grogginess, still half asleep.

"Clay, please get out of here. Don't worry about me. Leave." The boy's words were desperate as he tried to get him to wake up completely.

The younger boy looked around and immediately shot out of bed when he saw what was happening.

"You crazy bitch! Get out of our apartment!" His confusion quickly turned to aggression when he saw Lea close to George. "Don't touch him!"

George held up a hand to signal for him to stop talking. It was unlikely that Lea was there to hurt him. She was there for Clay. He was the one who needed to be protected. The older boy walked infront of Clay, shielding him. He took a deep breath and looked Lea in the eye.

"Don't you dare touch him. I'll never love you, get that into your messed up fucking head!" He had never felt this much digust towards anyone, he had never thought that the first person he'd genuinely hate would be his first best friend.

Lea examined him, seeing the angry tears streaming down and the determined look on his face, Clay behind him, terrified. She took a step closer, ignoring the pain she felt knowing what she was doing to George.

"Do you really love him?" Denial fought common sense in her head.

"Yes, I do, so fuck off already. He means the world to me and I'd never forgive anyone who hurts him."

She took a few seconds to think, then gave George a small, sad smile. "Then it's already too late, isn't it?"

George wiped tears from his face with the back of his hand and tried to regain his composure.

"Yes. It's way too late. You hurt him, and you hurt me in the process. Don't you get it? You don't really love me. Love isn't just doing anything for someone, it's doing anything for someone to be happy, to really care about their feelings. If you cared about how I felt, you never would have hurt the person that I love. It's all in your head, Lea. You. Don't. Love me. Now leave my boyfriend alone."

She dropped her gun to her side, taken aback. She hadn't expected a full-on speech from Georgie. In fact, it was almost convincing. But Lea knew how she felt. If George didn't feel the same say, she knew of only one other option.

Lea smiled, but it didn't go to her eyes. They looked dead, like she had given up.

If I can't have him, no one can.

"Sorry, Georgie." She aimed her gun at his head, forcing her hand to stop shaking.

"Love you."