Chapter One

*DREAM'S POV*

I had no idea what I was doing here. What was I doing? I groaned and tried to stand up straighter. I didn't have much of a choice anymore. I had to go through with this.

ONE WEEK AGO

I was coding my next plugin when my phone started ringing. I slid it off my desk and glanced at the screen. It was my dad. Why would he be calling me? I thought I had been disowned after coming out as pansexual.

"Hi," I sighed.

"Son, look-"

*POV SWITCH BECAUSE THIS IS EASIER TO WRITE THIRD PERSON*

Clay was a bit surprised at how shaky his dad's voice was but kept his cool.

"Don't call me that."

"Fine. Clay, your mother is in the hospital."

His blood froze. He felt his hand starting to shake and put his phone on speaker so he could set it down.

"She's been diagnosed with heart disease, she went into cardiac arrest yesterday and I took her to the hospital."

"Ok. I'll be right th-"

"No. She doesn't want to see you."

Clay clenched his fists and bit his lip.

"Why did you even call me then. I'm hanging up."

"No! Wait. I..I lost my job."

"What? Now? Of all times?"

"I need to pay her medical bills to keep her alive, Clay."

"So you're not only disowning me, you're using me for money now too," he sighed bitterly.

"Shut up," his dad snarled. "You know you still want your mother alive whether you like it or not. Send the money by tomorrow, I'll send you details."

Clay's dad hung up and he threw his phone across the room. Fuck. He hated that his father knew him so well. He was an absolute pushover. He would do anything to help his mom. His phone buzzed from the other side of the room and he dragged himself over and picked it up. It showed the details for the transaction. Clay didn't even have to think about it. He was willing to pay for her treatment, even if it would leave him broke and even if she didn't love him. He still loved her, no matter what she had called him or done to him. He couldn't help himself.

After sending the money, he knew that he would need a new place to live. The other day George had said on a live stream that he was looking for a roommate and that he wasn't kidding. His viewers had practically thrown themselves on the offer, but none of them could properly contact him. Clay knew of no other person looking for a roommate. But George would ask questions. He didn't want George to know that he was having family problems. So George would never know.

A plan began to form in Clay's mind. He would send an email to George using his personal email address, telling him that he was the brother of his friend from middle school. George, having not the best memory, would probably not question this. He would say that he was a transfer student from the United States and needed a place to live. Clay would lie about his name and act quiet so George wouldn't recognize his voice.

After sending the email and getting a response a day later, Clay knew he needed to book a flight before it was too late. He used the last of his savings on a ticket and packed up his bags. On the day of the flight, Clay was completely ready.

*GEORGE'S POV*

My phone made a quiet dinging noise as I ended my livestream. It had been almost a week since I had asked about a roommate and no one had contacted me seriously. A lot of viewers had spammed me on twitter, but they were like twelve and just wanted to mess around. That's why was super excited when I got an email from someone claiming to be the brother of my friend from middle school. I had hated middle school so I didn't remember much from it, and I still had the same email, so the story checked out.

He said that he was a transfer student named Erik from the U.S. and that he would pay half rent, though he might need to skip out on the first month. I said it was ok and began to prepare for his arrival.

I had a spare room that had been my sisters, and it was covered in Minecraft posters and PewDiePie fanart that she had made. I chuckled and carefully packed them into a bag and put it in the closet. I noticed that there was something sticking out from under the bed. I grabbed it and a huge piece of paper with the words "U SUCK GEORGIE <3" written on it. I rolled my eyes and slid the paper back under the bed. That could stay there.

Just then, I heard a knock at my door.

AHAHHA THANKS FOR READING

IK THIS WAS BORING BUT I PROMISE IT WILL GET SPICY LATER

PLZ LEAVE ME SOME SUGGEstTIONS I WAnT TO IMpROVE 

LOVE YA'LL ^3^