Chapter 3: Getting to Know Each Other

•~Third Person View~•

The sound of the heater and their breathing was heard. It was the only thing that filled the silence between them. It was completely awkward. No one dared to speak. Both girls were just laying down on the bed, thinking about how to start a conversation.

The silence was broken when the two spoke, "Unnie / Chaewon-ah" The girls both looked away embarrased but made eye contact again when they spoke, "You go first." like last time, they spoke in unison. Silence filled the air again so Chaewon faked a cough indicating she's going to speak.

"Thank you unnie. If it weren't for you, I would've froze to death." Chaewon spoke. She had her head hung low from embarrassment. One thing Chaewon didn't like was for herself to be a burden to someone. She never liked it. She even considered to leave Producers so her members wouldn't go on hiatus. But of course, her members insisted on her staying.

"It's fine. As I said, I did it because I want to. I, umm... I also want to say thank you." Yena said while looking at Chaewon while the younger just tilted her head in confusion while looking at Yena's eyes. 'Cute' Yena thought but quickly shrugged it off. "Well, I want to say thank you. For you know, Inviting me to the restaurant. I know I was a jerk to you when I bumped into you but I was in a bad mood. So, I'm so sorry too." Chaewon's face became serious which made Yena uncomfortable.

"Unnie, I told you. It's fine. Besides, you saved my life. Thank you. The past is the past. Why don't we start over?" Chaewon suggested with a little genuine smile on her face. "Haha. Sure." Yena chuckled a bit at the sight of an angel. "Hi! My name is Kim Chaewon! A former-not-really Idol." Despite the distance of their beds, Chaewon extended her arms to shake.

Yena, again chuckled at the childishness of the beautiful girl in front of her. "Hi! Nice to meet you Kim Chaewon. I'm Choi Yena, A former Heart Surgeon." Yena extended her hand as a sign that she would shake Chaewon's hands. Yena, hadn't noticed but whenever she was with this girl, her heart starts to beat at an irregular pace. Her hands weren't also shaking.

Yena, for the first time in months, was genuinely happy. She can finally give a happy smile now. Despite almost freezing to death and giving the younger an attack, she had been smiling with the memories she made with this girl. 'I think I like her.' Yena thought.

They talked and talked for hours not noticing the time. The 10 girla were outside and noticed how happy the two has been. They knew especially Yena's close friends how rought it has been for the both of the girls. Having to give up their dreams because of an unexpected event.

The 10 girls went home with smiles on their face. It's because they knew that the 2 girls finally found what made the, happy. But, within these 10 girls, 2 girls, specifically Minju and Yuri had sad smiles. Hyewon and Yujin noticed these two and cheered them up. Minju really liked Chaewon and Yuri really liked Yena.

No wonder why they looked hurt seeing these two happy. The 10 girls then went to their respective dorms and finally slept. On the other hand, the two girls at the hospital were still talking and laughing till' the night.

"So, unnie. What do you think about... Ducks?" Chaewon asked whule looking at Yena, smirking. Yena laughed but answered "Well, Whenever I hear that word, the first thing that I think of is Choi Yena." and laughed hard. Chaewon joined in and finally silence was upon them.