"Second to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best played game of chest"... Harry and Ron mouthed something to eachother before Dumbledore went on "that Hogwarts has seen these many years. 50 points".

Once again applause filled the room, Ron next to me looking especially flustered. This time it was my turn to congratulate him as I ruffled his hair noticing, if it was possible, that he went even more red than before. I wasn't sure why though so I shrugged it off.

"And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points"! Harry looked to Dumbledore who gave him a small grin. I turned my gaze to Harry as he nodded at me almost saying everything he needed to in that one gesture.

"We're tied with Slytherin" Hermionie exclaimed across the table, only making my smile grow wider.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom" Dumbledore announced. The applause was absolutely huge. Neville looked like he was caught in dream not even being able to believe he had actually contributed.

"Neville you did it" I shouted. As everyone once again went silent Dumbledore spoke his last words making this a moment I would never forget, "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order. Gryffindor wins the House Cup"!

Everything seemed to occur in slow motion around me. The banners slowly turned to the Gryffindor colours with the symbol of a lion in the middle. Everyone was on their feet applauding, well except for the Slytherin House of course, who were yelling in agony.

I felt Ron's arm slide across my shoulder pulling me up along with him. I smiled to Harry and Hermionie before turning my gaze to the red headed boy jumping up and down beside me. We both were beaming at eachother before throwing our caps in the air along with the rest of our Gryffindor House.

Not once in my life had I felt more united to a group of people than I did now...and it felt amazing.
***
Hermionie and I lugged our suitcases down the stairs. The boys were already outside waiting for us. "I'll just be a minute okay" I said as Hermionie nodded leaving the room.

My eyes scanned where I had stayed for the past year one last time. I closed my eyes trying to capture every good memory I had from my talks with Hermionie to goofing off with Ron. Since the news of my brother getting sick my parents were sending messages to me less frequently. The most recent was from yesterday just informing me they were going to pick me up at kings cross station.

I had no idea how my brother was really doing but, didn't want to worry my friends about this. Deciding to put on a brave face I picked up my suitcase before finally leaving the place that had felt like my second home.
***
The Hogwarts train sat in front of us in all its glory. "Well ready to board" Ron asked nudging me. After giving Hagrid a quick hug I smiled softly before getting on. However Harry stayed outside talking to Hagrid who looked to be giving him a present.

"Cmon Harry lets go" Hermionie called. He boarded the train a smile on his face. "What's that" I asked pointing to a large leather bounded book in his hands. He flipped to a page as two young looking adults were dancing, leaves falling around them. My eyes widened in realization as I gasped, "your parents"?

As we entered our compartment I sat next to Ron as Harry said "yea...my parents". The rest of the ride we talked, surrounded by candy from the trolley. As Hermionie and Harry had ventured off into their own conversation Ron turned to me.

"So I was wondering...if you maybe wanted to stay over a little into the summer. My mom says it would be cool, and well...I thought it might be fun. Harry might come too but"- I cut him off saying "of course I'll come. Sounds great". Ron smiled to me before we both looked out the window. It was then I realized how much I was going to miss Hogwarts even if I was going back.
***
"Well...I'll see you next term. Make sure to write lots" Hermionie called to us before walking off with her parents. We had left the comfort of the Hogwarts train and stood in Kings Cross.

I walked with Ron down to his family before I glanced to my own. There stood my mom surrounded by not only the twins but, to my surprise Brian. He looked better, although you could tell he was a bit out of it.

My mom pointed to Ron raising her eyebrows as I rolled my eyes ignoring her. "So...guess I'll see you later in the summer" Ron spoke softly shifting on the balls of his feet. "Yea hopefully". I didn't really know what else to say. Suddenly it felt like all eyes were on Ron and I's conversation making me feel nervous.

Before I could chicken out I gave Ron the quickest hug before running over to my family. I could practically hear Fred and George's snickering from behind me.

I quickly gave Brian a hug wiping the small tear that had slipped at the sight of him from my face. We pulled away before he asked "Whose the boy huh" as he nudged me. "Ask again and you won't have an arm to hit a baseball with" I retorted smirking. My brothers laughed before I ran off to Harry. We were walking in the same direction back to our cars anyway.

"Are you okay" I asked. He smiled nodding. A silence fell as it usually did between us. Although it always felt right. Deciding to break it I asked "Doesn't it feel a bit odd to be back home"?

Harry looked to me with a weird grin, one he seemed to always wear, "I'm not home. Not really"...

And there it is the ending of the first book!!! Thank you to everyone who has come to read it. I had a great time writing it and will soon be starting up the book for their second year so make sure to read that one when it comes out. Hope everyone is doing great and love you guys :)