7. Now We Here

7. Now We Here
______________________

The week passed by too slow for me. I felt like I had to stay inside the house in fear of being arrested by officers. This was a feeling that would drive any sane nigga mad.

As far as Tiana, I haven't visited her or even as much as talked to her over the phone. She never came out again after the murder and now I knew she was scared. No cars came by her house, no late nights, and all her lights would be cut off once the clock struck 8.

What makes it worse for me is I still have no idea about anything that's going on. How am I in a situation that I know nothing about? Two months ago if you asked me what I expected to happen with Tiana, my new neighbor, I would have never guessed hiding from feds would be a possibility.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I ran my hand through my hair to brush off any droplets that were left behind. I picked up my electric shaver and brought it up to my cheek, only to stop before it even touched the skin. I set it back down and jogged to my room, putting on sweats and putting a gun in my pocket.

I went to the door and looked through the peep hole to see Tiana. Oh God, why is it that when I think of her, she shows up?

Opening the door, she stared at me with a blank face. For someone who hadn't been out of her house in a whole week, she didn't look bad at all.

"What?"

"Can I come inside?" I nodded and stepped aside. Just like all the other times I've let her inside. I locked the door immediately and turned around to see her distraught.

"How've you been?" I asked breaking the silence in the room.

"I've just been trying to think of what went wrong." Went wrong with what?!

"What is this all about anyways? You've never told me what the situation is." I lead her over to the couch and I took a seat, pulling her down on my lap. "So just tell me what's going on. No secrets, we're both in this situation now."

"Justin Case is my ex husband. We not only fought over my escort business but the fact he had a gambling problem. I used to give him money from my business to gamble with just because he lent me money to start an old business. Well he through the divorce card at me when I said wasn't giving him anymore money. I left back here and to my surprise he followed, well I needed him dead before he ran and snitched about my service. The prostitute of mine he cheated on me with was who I murdered before I moved here and he knew." She said as her remained locked with mine.

"So then who had it out for Justin-"

"I don't know and that's what I fear. He knew a lot of people and now I'm going to be a suspect because I'm his ex wife." I'm never getting involved with females ever again, unless it's just for sex. "The bank already called asking about the large sum of money I withdrew."

"Why would you take out twenty grand in one transaction? That's a rookie move and I didn't expect that from you."

"I was in a hurry. I needed him dead and so I was just trying to get you the money so you'd get rid of him."

"Tiana." I breather out with a deep heavy sigh. She rested her forehead down on mine. "What are you going to do now?" She shrugged. "Are they bringing you in for questioning?"

"Tomorrow. I won't mention your name at all. I swear on that, but what do I say about the money?"

"You could say you took out that money to lend to a friend who was thinking about purchasing a car. Something like that." I said before reaching up to give her a quick kiss. "Things'll be fine."

"No they won't. One or both of us is going to prison-"

"Don't think like that. They just wanna question you and that's all." She moved her leg so now she was straddling me and her arms around my neck.

"That's it?"

"Just don't trip over the questions and you'll be fine." I'm feeling more confident that I won't get caught... Tiana on the other hand... She got her hands tied. "We're business partners. I'm here to help."

***
We were caught in some business... More like three rounds of business. Laying on my couch, she had nothing but a satisfied smile on her face.

"For the road?" I questioned with a laugh as I sat up.

"You're so stupid." She said lazily.

"Mhm, well I'm going to walk to my brother's house and see if he'll help with tracking who murdered him. Just handle your questioning and I'll handle who killed Justin."

"Alright, well talk later." She said standing up and re-dressing herself. "Be careful." She said giving me another kiss before taking her fine ass out of the house.

I followed out shortly after and walked down the street with my hands in my pocket. The more I think about it, the more I realize I can't really get in trouble other than premeditation of murder but there's no evidence of the actual premeditation. My ass is in the clear, shit I should go smoke some just for celebration purposes.

As I was walking I heard a car follow behind me. Now I didn't assume they were actually following me but when I heard the sirens... I already knew.

"Hands where I can see them." The officer said as I stood there looking back at him. My hands were pulled out of the pockets of my shorts and raised above my head. "Do you have any weapons on you?" He asked walking up to me. Turning me around, he brought down my right hand first behind my back and placed the cuff then going to the next.

~The Next Day~

"Alright Michael, come back with me." The officer said as he took me out of my cell. My wrists were handcuffed behind my back as I was dragged back to the questioning room and sat down in the chair.

"Good morning." The man in the tux said.

"Mornin'." I said back.

"So you know why you're here right?" I nodded. "Just to make sure, you're here because of the murder of Justin Case and possible relations and or associations with the suspect of interest, Truffles Grant." Truffles is who Tiana was? I knew she was familiar.

"So tell me what happened, Tyreese Michael Salazarez."

"Plea The 5th." I said as I sat back in the chair. No need to explain the story all over again.

The End.