4. Business Partners

_________________________

A solid month, right down to the day, had passed since Tiana first made her presence on this block. That shooting? Was never investigated and as far as this block concerned,

It never happened.

It was around two in the afternoon when I finally woke up and boy did I look like I was just dragged through a rose bush. I must have been sleeping hella good to manage to achieve this look, I'm proud of myself.

***

I was all cleaned up and fed, now to head out into the world and find something entertaining to do. I could call up some friends and smoke but I feel like I do that too often and- I see Tiana.

Her and I have grown much closer as friends so to speak. I'm still all kinds of curious about her as I'm sure she is about me but I knew she was hiding something. She was cunning, smart, and manipulative when she needed to be so I was always cautious around her. She treated me as like a friend so I haven't been as cautious but I still prepare myself in case she strikes.

"Aye Tiana." I called from the end of my driveway. Her robe swaying a little as the breeze rolled in. Today must be one of her relaxing days, she only wore it when she was relaxing as I've learned.

"Hey Michael. How are you?" She called back. I jogged across the street so we weren't yelling. The last thing we needed were the gossipers to peep on our conversation and start up some petty rumor.

"I'm alright, how are you?" She motioned for me to follow her and I gladly did. Walking into her house always overwhelmed me till I remembered that I've seen all of this before and it shouldn't come to a surprise that all this nice furniture was in her house.

"A lot better now. I finally fired one of my employees and now work has become so much easier." She said as we walked back to the back room. This room is like the equivalent of a game room except we never played games, we just sat on the couches because they were comfortable as fuck.

"That's good at least. How has work been for you?"

"Long hours but the pay is great, especially during this time of the year when people are on vacation and actually making investments." I couldn't help but notice that tie around her robe was starting to fall apart... I locked my eyes back up to hers and kept them there. "How's selling been for you?" More of her dark bronzed skin was peeking through the robe and I was mesmerized but there was no way I was about to act on that. Just gotta keep my composure and everything will be just fine.

"It's been a lot more slow but it's still going. I'm kind of glad it slowed down, gives me a chance to not seem so suspicious to cops."

"That's reasonable. Would you like anything to drink?" One thing about her is she knew how to make her guests feel comfortable.

"No thanks but let me guess, today is your day off?" I asked as I slipped off my sweatshirt. It was hot in her house but that's how she liked her house, toasty warm.

"It is and I couldn't be any happier. You know what I realized?" She asked raising her brow slightly with a small smile to match.

"What?"

"You never let me finish questioning you." Oh here we go.

"Gon' ahead and ask questions then."

"Are you in any kind of relationship?" I shot her a surprised look. "I've seen a female walk into your house often and was just curious if she was your girlfriend or something."

"Nah, I'm single. She's just a hook up who come around when I call her." I said with a small laugh. "Your friends come over here a lot though."

"We're close and they're comforting since the whole divorce. I don't need the comfort but they provide it anyways." You have money as your comfort, Tiana.