3. I Peeped It

3. I Peeped It
_________________________

Days had gone by and let me just say... Tiana was not a lowkey neighbor.

She was always out and about or constantly had some new car in her driveway. I was starting to grow suspicious of her and so were the rest of my neighbors on this block.

I had gone outside to get my newspaper when I saw Drew drive up into his driveway. Drew was my neighbor, one I actually didn't mind establishing a friendship with.

"Glad to see your ass back from business. All I've been hearing are the females starting rumors." I said with a laugh as I crossed my lawn over to his yard.

"I can only imagine. Last my wife told me was she saw you go into that neighbors house late a few nights ago. What was that all about?"

"She needed help with her electricity and I lent a helping hand. She's one busy neighbor though." I stared at her house just waiting for the next car to show up or for her to come walking out of the house.

"You haven't talked to her since?" I shook my head. "Amazing how no one wanted to be nosey and try to get dirt from her." He said with a laugh.

"All I know is her name is Tiana. I was thinkin' about going over there and asking about all the cars." It has me too suspicious, I don't want to be caught up in whatever she's doing but this curiosity is killing me from the inside out.

"You do that and let me know what's up with her. I'll see you around." He dapped me before stepping around and walking up his driveway.

I swiftly jogged across the street and walked down to her house. A man and woman both emerged from the garage and got in their car, seeming not to notice me standing just off the side.

I continued my way up to the front door and rang the doorbell. As I stood there waiting, I started to drift off into thought about everything that was not relevant to what I was currently doing. I saw empty boxes on her porch and thought about what I would do with empty boxes... Make a fort out of 'em.

"Oh, hi." Tiana said when she opened the door. She was shocked and quickly tightened the tie on her robe some more.

"Was this a bad time or-"

"No, not at all. I was actually just starting to relax. I finished some work on my computer and was just going to watch movies. Come in." She gladly stepped aside and I walked in. "Do you want anything to drink? Coffee, soda, water-"

"Coffee would be chill." She nodded her head and I followed her back to her kitchen. "So how are you?"

"I'm great. Just tired after this week. Between work and the big move. How have you been?" How the hell does she move so gracefully around the kitchen? If it were me, I would have knocked over every last damn dish.

"I'm pretty good. I would assume you've been busy. I've noticed you constantly leaving out the door or having people show up." Her eyes flickered up to mine and she had an odd look on her face. "I notice things."

"Just friends who came over to help me move the furniture around and choose paint colors. I'm too stressed to make decisions so my friends help me out." She said as she poured the coffee into the cup. "Creamer, milk, or black?"

"Creamer please." I said still locking my eyes on her. "The same friends just don't come back to help?"

"I like to get many people's opinions." She walked over and set the creamer down in front of me, as well as the coffee. "I'm not sure how much you want otherwise I would have poured it for you." She took a seat next to me at the small round cafe type table.