2. Back Track

2. Back Track
__________________________

"Wake up." I heard a soft voice say into my ear followed by a hand on my chest. I opened my eyes and saw a female's face looking down at me with a more than satisfied smile.

"Oh shit I spent the night?" She nodded. "Fuck." I groaned as she climbed on top of me. "No it ain't like that-"

"You cared enough to sleep over." The excited pitch clear in her voice as well as in her eyes. Nah it ain't even like that though? Why the hell was that fuck so damn good and left a nigga stranded in her bed?

"No I didn't. I just fell asleep 'cause I was tired. It has nothin' to do with how much I care about you. You're just a chick I call up to get some." I said point blankly. "I'ma need you to hop off so I can leave."

"But I like you staying here." She said climbing off of me slowly. "I want you to stay longer." Her large sad brown eyes looking right up into mine, I mean I would stay but then that allows feelings to develop and I don't want that.

"I know you do but I needa go. I'll see you the next time I call." I got out of her bed and slipped on my shirt before putting on my shoes and heading out of her room.

Swiftly moving down her stairs and making my way out the back door I originally came through last night, I was safely outta that house.

I didn't have time for relationships mainly because I already knew I would slip up at the slightest temptation of lust. So I never bothered with maintaining a relationship, just hook ups and one night stands are what I'm currently all about. No ones feelings get hurt because theres no feeling that are developed and everyone wins. Anyways,

Since I walked over to Lailana's house, I had to walk back to mine. Not somethin' I was lookin' all that forward too since I still felt groggy and actually a lil' sore but anythin' to be out of her house at this point was all I needed.

As I walked down the street I couldn't help but think back on myself. I mean , here I am at 22 and I really haven't done much in the world... That was good. Anything illegal is what stains my name and reputation. From Drive By's to actually deliberately getting locked up so I could help with the process of moving large quantities of drugs through jail. There's no doubt I got determination engraved in me as well as charm but that determination stay the main.

I could really go for some music right about now but my headphones are in my car and my car in my driveway. This was just tragic.

As a kid I never really had dreams of what I wanted to be when I was older or what I wanted accomplish. I just kind of tagged along with the flow of what everyone else was doing and if it seemed like it really grabbed my interest, I pursued it even more.

Walking up to my house I smiled at the sight of the front door. Finally home and now I can actually get cleaned up before heading out into the hood for a little while before I get to my sells for the day.

***

Chillin' on my porch, I sat back and decided to just take a look at the hood and see what was going on and with who.

I never really talked to my neighbors just because I didn't want them knowing my business. I preferred to be that one person who sits in the shadows and observes everything.

Like right now.

I watched the moving truck come driving down the street, stopping at the house right across from mine. Behind the truck, a nice Bugatti came pulling into the drive way. I sat forward in my chair, resting my forearms on my knees and continued to watch. From the corner of my eye, I saw one of my nosy neighbors eyeing the moving truck as he went to pick up his newspaper.

No one emerged from the car yet but I could hear the rumors starting up among other neighbors.

"I heard this is the new bachelor all the way from New York. Very classy man and heavily involved in business. At least that's what Claire from Church said." One female said to another.

"A bachelor? You got it all wrong, I heard this was a woman straight out of Stanford." The other female said.

"You both have it wrong. She's a model from Miami." Ooh a model huh? I became all the more interested in who this new neighbor might be.

The car door opened and out emerged a female. She had darker skin, long black hair and curves... I was very interested to say the least.

The back of the U Haul opened up and all this nice expensive looking furniture started to come out one by one. The female on the other hand looked like she may have been a lawyer or business rep, based on the grey skirt and jacket she had on. For all know she could be one of my previous attorneys.

After a good twenty minutes of watching furniture be pulled out and taken into the house, I decided to head inside and make myself something to eat. I figured she was just another ordinary neighbor just with more money than the average suburb household.

***

It was late at night and I had just been watching TV, eating of course. The door bell rang and I already knew it was a friend I hit up earlier.

Answering the door it was my new neighbor. In a robe tied tight and slippers to match, I was a little surprised.

"We could have always introduced each other tomorrow morning you know." I said with a small laugh as I took a much better look at her.

"Funny, but I was just wondering if you had a flashlight or something I could use?"

"Yeah I do but of you don't mind me asking, why?" I stepped aside for her to come in and I walked to the kitchen, reaching into the cabinet next to the fridge and pulling out the flashlight.

"I need to see what happened to my breaker. My power went out and I think it was because of a light switch I touched that needs to be re-wired." She said a little annoyed. I walked back to the front door and handed her the flashlight.

"If you want I can always take a look?" I offered. I'm not doing anything here so why not offer my services at my new neighbors house?

"If you don't mind-"

"Not at all." I opened the door for her and followed her out. Walking down my driveway and crossing the street, I already saw my neighbor looking out his living room window... There will be a new rumor among the block by tomorrow morning. I can guarantee that.

"So the breaker is right down here." She said after we entered her house. We went down into the cold dark basement, she lead the way with the flashlight and I saw she turned this into like an entertainment room... Good use of the space. She must be one of those creatively innovative females.

She handed me the flashlight and I took a look at all the switches. Finding the one I needed, I flicked it up and watched all the lights illuminate the house.

"Simple as that." Closing the breaker box, I turned off the flashlight and smiled at her.

"Thank you so much. I would have done it myself but I didn't want to somehow break the breaker." She said as if embarrassed at the fact she couldn't manage to figure out the solution to her problem.

"Not a problem at all."

"By the way, I'm Tiana." She said holding out her hand. I took note; there's no ring on her finger.

"Michael." I gladly shook her hand. "I guess I'll see you around. Bye Tiana." I'll save the other questions for the next time I see her. She seemed exhausted from the move and I was feeling a little tired too.

I took myself back home, turned off the TV and headed back to my bedroom. Laying in my bed, I have to say Tiana is an interesting neighbor. She's mysterious but I feel like I don't want to know everything there is too her. She gives off an odd vibe, not that odd vibe as in I should stay away from her, but a vibe that I was just unfamiliar with.

I do know this; there is way more to her than meets the eye...

___________________________

Just So You All Are Aware; The Story Is Now Back Tracking (Flash Back) To Before Michael Ended Up In Jail