Withered Vines

"Hell of an entrance captain. None of your old friends were there to see it!" A young man on the pudgier side calls from the middle of the group, blue eyes alight with humor.

"Emphasis on old" Arm slinging around the shoulders of the tall man in the lead, playful smile on his face.

"you're older than me, Clark." The lead man's hand slowly creeping towards the bat kept at his side as some camp demigods begin to run to them.

"Details good sir, details" oblivious mirth filled laughter or perhaps uncaring.

"Well, if I'm old, you must be ancient," the group's hands all resting on their respective weapons.

"Oh wise elder, lead the way for us, young lost souls!" The youngest of the group, aging about sixteen, makes a sweeping motion with his arms down the hill.

"we gon make sure we ain't too fast for ya either." lighthearted jests as a potential threat draws near. What better way to cover their shifts to defensive positions?

"cant have em old bones breaking on us now, eh?" mimicking weak legs and slightly hobbling to cover his friends' blindside, the demigods were at the bottom of the hill now.

"Good-day demigods, Percy Jackson here. I got a letter asking me to come back over to camp from Chiron."

"We got that far but who are those people with you."

"Also demigods, but these guys never made it to camp."

Another demigod, this one holding a spear and shield, spoke up, "We'll get them sorted in and up to date on the camp, and I'll lead you to Chiron and the returning heroibus."

" Of course." As Percy turned to face his entourage, "Play nicely, delinquents."

Well five years on the run, not really but it sounds cooler, and im actually back here. Its not the same but in same way that everything has changed everything remains the same. Trailing saytrs taller cabins an actual farmland, with fruit trees and grapevines, Talk about a trip down memory lane it was almost like the big house had been waiting. It saat there old rickety patio fading blue ash covered windows, due to it's proximity to the campfire.

if you were to ask me what I felt I would tell you it felt like coming home. The closest thing Percy had had anywhere close to a home were his wards and the rings, but you could only relax so much. What with mortal and mythological forces practically riding you ass every day it's hard to settle.

As I made my way through the halls laced through with both withered and lively vines I slowly pull my features back into a neutral. Wiping the smile of nostalgia and locking away my emotions.

I come to the door. A door that I had walked through a hundred times. Seemingly a hundred years ago. I can hear chatter from the other side. So much more, lively, than the meetings I've been in as of late.

I stop stalling figuring it's now or never what do I have to loose. The door slides open with only the slightest creak.

Words 521

No beta for this one I figured y'all waited long enough, plus this is one of my more fun stories to write.

I will attempt to get a new chapter of Apollo's hunt (I honestly don't even know the name of that one) followed by another because I have some random inspiration running around and don't want to waste it.

With that said wich one should I update?

Until next time

-YourHumbleHost
Jay