Golden Smiles

It was a long day at work, to say the least. my grinding and long hours did nothing for the suppressed ADHD that came with my parentage. It hasn't been easy with my unwilling charge disappearing especially for me. A 'casual' government job where I had joined to help people after camp could provide no further service to me. As if I spent my time there in the first place.

      Ah and here we come to a small and humble abode with the song from my lover's lips pouring from the windows. His singing will never cease to amaze me in all honesty like I know his dad is Apollo but he had to have been blessed by the Muses his voice was as soft as his lips on mine in the early mornings when he wakes me.

"heya I'm home"

"Well about time. I thought the hospital kept me late"

"Mhm I'll make it up to you, I promise"

"Oh? Like coming to camp with me this time, instead of withering away at your desk?"

Another kiss

"hmm. Maybe"

"would more kisses help. persuade you?"

"We just have to see now don't we"

         My back slowly pressing against the countertop spine curling much like my blond prince's hair to lock our lips my chest feels like it is flying away. Just like every time. No words to possibly describe how nice and good it feels to be with him if only within these walls. All of my problems fade away. That is until the chime of the washing machine rings out calling our attention to the more mundane duties of our lives. though I am more than happy to gaze into his eyes forever.

"Y'know I was waiting but now seems a better time than any" a smile as enchanting as the moon a life a purpose behind those eyes.

A ring

 A promise

A lifeline

 A lifetime.

"Yes"

Yes I wrote a casual proposal. The fuck do you want from me Shakespear.

Not beta read because I need to get this into the world as quickly as my romantacism will allow.

309 words