Blindness is Key: Part 22 (Bakugo)

"Dad?" Bakugo said and his grip on my hand got a little tighter.

"You all must be y/n's, new classmates." My Dad said and I was already facing  down and away from him. But I couldn't help but close my eyes and want to cry. "If you could excuse us for a couple of minutes, I would like to talk to my child about a few things."

"That's-." Bakugo went to say something.

"Bakugo please." I interupted him and begged. The less hassle now, the easier this will be to get it over with. He stood up and everyone filed out of the room.

"I'll be right outside." He told me, and went to lean in to kiss me on the cheek but I leaned away and carefully shook my head no. He stopped and walked out.

I listened as my Dad walked over to the door and he shut it behind everyone as they left the room. I also heard a small click following the door closing.

"What, the fuck y/n?" He asked me, and I stayed quiet. "Who the fuck do you think you are leaving the way you did?"

"I told you multiple times that I got invited to UA." I said and he was suddenly next to my bed and got close to me.

"And I told you that you were to not to go there!" He yelled at me, and I turned away from him slightly. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "My money doesn't need to be wasted on trying to make you a hero, when you can't even see!"

"But I can see." I said carefully. "I learned a long time ago, how to use my quirk to see. And I'm not wasting any of your money."

"Like hell you're not!" He yelled.

"I'm not!" I said back. "UA gave me a scholarship so I could attend-."

"Did you just talk back to me?" He asked and I flinched. I covered my mouth, but I didn't really jump until I heard my tray slam into the wall. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" He grabbed my hair and pulled so that I would uncurl myself.

There was loud banging on the door, and I heard as the door handle started clicking as whoever was trying to get in jiggled the handle.

"You useless child!" He yelled at me and punched me in the stomach. No matter how much I tried to protect myself, I couldn't stop it. And he started hitting me over and over again.

There was a loud explosion, but it only edged my father into hitting me more before he was ripped off of me.

"Get your fucking hands off of her!" Bakugo yelled and there was more yelling as they went down the hallway. I held onto my stomach, and Mina held me in her arms as she stroked my hair.

"You're okay." She told me as I cried. But then I had a sick feeling, and I pushed her away from me.

"I'm going to puke." I said and she backed up. I couldn't hold it and ended up puking on the floor.

"We need a doctor!" I heard a woman yell, a nurse. She pulled me back onto the bed. I still felt like I was going to throw up more, but the nurse wouldn't let me turn over.

"Hunny you need to lay still for me okay?" Another nurse asked and I felt the bed moving. I guess we went into the hallway, because I could hear Bakugo yelling. But I was in so much pain I couldn't concentrate on him.

"What's going on?" I heard another voice ask, and I could only assume it was the doctor.

"Patient just got beat by their father and started vomiting blood." The nurse said, and I felt myself panic. "It looks like stitches have also come undone in the process."

"Alright, we're going into surgery now." The doctor said and I heard doors bust open.

"Sweetie, I need you to take a deep breath in the mask okay?" A nurse asked and I felt her put a mask on my face and I felt really sleepy.

"What's happening to me?" I ask.

"You're going to be just fine." The nurse told me as she petted my hair, and I felt tears roll down my face before I fell asleep.