Into the abyss

A/N
Hey folks, here is another book. This one is going to be a doozy, and probably really long so enjoy.

Jason's POV

Jason was dead. He thought being dead would feel different than it did. By that he meant different at all. He still breathed, he could touch and hold things, he could even feel pain, which he learned in a rather uncomfortable argument with another passenger. The only thing that made it blatantly obvious what had happened was that he was on a ferry to the underworld.

Over all the entire experience was different than he expected, more orderly. When he first imagined the underworld he thought of dark caves with huge stalagmites and deep scary never ending water filled with tortured souls. In all actuality it wasn't necessarily an unpleasant experience. It certainly wasn't pleasant either, it just was.

Joining him on his interesting adventure were 10 other people Charon, the ferryman who he recognized from his lessons, and 9 other passengers. There was mostly old men and woman who all kept glancing him and the two other young people on the boat. There was a small 9 year old boy who was clutching his stuffed bear and had found his way to one of the older lady's laps, and a 10 year old girl who looked far to comfortable with her own mortality and kept giving him strange looks. None of them seemed interested in talking to him so the ride stayed in silence. With this heavy silence Jason was forced to finally think for the first time since his death. He told himself that he was busy and didn't have time to think about his friends, family, and everyone he left behind. In reality he had all the time in the world.

He pushed those thought aside however as they reached their destination and joined the single file line that ran up to Hades throne room. There each person's soul would be judged and sent to either Elysium, the Asphodel meadows, or down the river Styx to Tartarus. Jason wasn't too worried about being sent to Tartarus seeing as how he sacrificed himself, but he did hope to be sent to Elysium. That way he could be reborn, or he could wait for Piper and his other friends to arrive.

As he was walking he felt a chill up the back of his neck like someone was watching him. He turned around to see the young girl from the boat staring directly at him, he met her eyes and,

"Keep looking forward," she said, "you don't want to draw attention to us."

Now she had his attention, he turned back around. "Is there anything to draw attention too?"

She stepped closer to him, "You want out of here right, you want to go back home to all your friends," she said in a hushed voice so that only he could hear.

His mind was racing, was she offering him a way out or was she just a cruel god taunting him, "Of course I do that's what everyone down here wants."

"I suppose it is."

He waited for her to continue but after a while it became clear that she was done, "so...do you have a way out or something?" He fought back the embarrassment of his voice cracking.

"Now your asking the right kind of questions boy"

Now he was certain, "You aren't just a dead girl are you?"

She didn't answer his question instead she said, "I have an idea of how to get out, just a chance and if you mess up you can kiss your dreams of Elysium goodbye."

He hesitated, getting out sounded pretty good but there was always a catch to things like this. Ulterior motives and godly plans that he needed to think about, "What's the catch, why are you telling be this?"

"No catch, I just need you to be somewhere at a certain time and it's certainly not in Hades' clutches. Besides I also know for certain that your friends are going to need you."

"Where do you want me to go?"

"You'll know when you're there," somehow she stepped even closer, he could feel her breath on the back of his neck, "When you get to the gate Cerberus will be guarding it but he isn't only guarding the gate. On your left there will be a small tunnel about yey high," she jabbed her hand into his thigh, just below his waist, "You should be able to crawl. It'll open up into a bigger cavern and you'll see a pit. Now I know this sounds crazy but I know you can fly so it can't be to much of and issue, you need to jump inside and then you can find you down way out from there. Got it?"

He turned his head around to give her an incredulous look, "I'm not stupid you know, I know where pits in the underworld lead to. And I know that there's no way in Hades that I'm getting out."

"I told you it would be difficult but it's been done before. By that boy Percy and his girlfriend Annabeth. You have no chances of getting out if you pass Cerberus though so make you decision quickly," with that she stepped out of line and seemed to fade directly into the shadows.

She was right about one thing, if he was going to make a decision it better be quickly he could see Cerberus up ahead about 150 meters or so. On one hand Percy and Annabeth had made it out so in theory he could to, but they also had help and people knew they were down there. On the other he did want to be certain if seeing Piper again and if he ended up in Elysim he would but then it would be a while till he saw her.

He wanted to make an informed decision, a plan, and then follow through with the plan but in the end he was in front of the gates to Hades and had to make a split second decision. He wasn't even sure if it was a conscious decision but he found himself sliding into a small tunnel on his hands and knees and crawling faster than he ever had before, towards his impending doom. When he emerged he had to step back to avoid falling directly of a huge precipice. He looked back once more to see a few guard crawling through after him before throwing himself off the cliff and into Tartarus.

A/N
I hope everyone enjoyed let me know if you like where this is going. I update twice every two weeks but it's not always the same story so feel free to check out my other books. Anyway have a good day. Bye.

I'm just adding a little note onto the end of this because I think the reason that nobody is reading past this chapter is that they think it's only about Jason. The majority of part 1 is about percabeth so do what you will about that information.