Chapter 42: I Am Yours and You Are Mine

Start from the beginning

Xander was everything I needed.

His fingers dug into my ass and his thrusts became more urgent, pushing me forward, making me whimper, making my body tense in a delightful way. I could feel myself tightening around him as he moved in and out of me, could feel it building until I couldn't take it.

"Xander," I cried out, tightening my legs around him.

"Adira," he groaned, sinking himself deep and staying inside me, pulsating as he wrapped his arms around me and placed a gentle kiss against my neck. "Fuck," he panted. "You feel so fucking amazing."

"So do you," I breathed, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a kiss.

He brought a hand up and cupped my face, running his thumb over my cheek as our lips moved together like we knew each other's movements before they even happened. I broke out of the kiss, panting, pressing my forehead against his.

"Remind me why the fuck we're having all these packs over when we could just do this all night," he grumbled, sliding his hand up and down my spine, his fingers dancing along my skin and leaving me aching to never have him stop touching me. "I want you for myself. I don't want to socialize."

"It's a thank you," I giggled. "We owe them. They helped us."

"You're the only Luna that does this," he sighed. "Plenty of other people are allies, they don't invite multiple packs onto their territory all at once for a dinner."

"I'm bringing my own human spin," I shrugged. "Deal with it."

He chuckled and shook his head, pressing his lips against my forehead. "You better make this up to me, love. I hope you're not planning on getting any sleep because I'll have to make up for lost time after this dinner."

"Every day is like you're making up lost time," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Because I can't get enough of you," he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. "I'll never get enough of you, Addie. Hope that's not a deal breaker."

His tone was light but between my bond and his eyes that gave away much more than his words ever did. I knew part of him was serious and nervous about our future. We hadn't really talked about anything. After my lethal shot at Rego, things shifted. There wasn't a heavy threat over us anymore, there wasn't a need to be on constant edge.

We were safe.

We were safe and the moment we were safe, I wanted nothing more than to spend more time with him. I'd barely spent any time away from him over the last three weeks and I was completely certain I'd never get sick of spending my days with him. He completed me in ways I knew I needed and in ways I didn't know I needed.

"It's not a deal-breaker," I said, biting my lip.

"No?" He asked, rubbing his thumb over my jaw.

"Definitely not," I said, shaking my head. "It would be if you were sick of me," I teased. "That I couldn't live with."

"I'm never going to get sick of you, Adira," he said, vulnerability filling his eyes. "I can't. I adore every part of you."

"You adore me?" I asked, trying not to smile.

"You know I adore you," he said, narrowing his eyes. "Got me wrapped around your fucking finger so much it's annoying," he grumbled.

"Well that's good," I giggled, brushing his hair off his forehead and away from his beautiful eyes. "At least it's not one-sided."

"Does that mean you adore me too?" He smirked, nudging his nose with mine.

I bit my lip and looked into his eyes. Those green eyes that were the first thing in my life to ever make me feel at peace, feel calm. My whole life, I never thought a day would come I didn't feel the need to look over my shoulder, to watch every person carefully, to check every room in a house, to plan escape routes of every place I went to. I never thought that level of paranoia could go away but with Xander? With Xander, for the first time in my life, my mind could go quiet. It could go quiet and let me be at peace.