Even her bad dreams were starting to lessen. It was probably because of Dante. She always thought about him before drifting off to sleep. She suspected he was the reason why she slept so peacefully. Had it not been for him, she would have been stuck in her old life riddled with nightmares.

Hell, maybe David would still be alive to this day. Not that Dante was responsible. But had she been at her old house, and never met Dante, she would have been cooking dinner for David. He would have been eager to come home for it. Maybe, he wouldn't have taken on that risky case and gotten killed. Any little circumstance could have changed her and David's paths really.

Looking around her office, which still needed decorating, she couldn't help feeling relieved. Her therapist was right. This was her one and only life where all of the decisions were hers to make along with the rules. There was no right or wrong about it. It really was a powerful thought.

If she really wanted to, she could be happy. She could have a relationship with a man. Not that she felt ready, but still. She could if she wanted to. The thought felt liberating. Her therapist was pretty good for being able to make her feel so uplifted. Good thing she made more appointments.

"Trinity!" Gio poked his head into her office.

"Hi Gio!"

"Wanna go to lunch?"

"Is it that time already?"

"Yup. I'm dying for some pizza and it's calzone day."

"Ooh. Yes. Count me in. Is Eugenia coming?"

"Are you kidding me? She's out with her supervisor. I think they're already sleeping together. Come on."

When they arrived at the cafeteria, Trinity was surprised to see how many people were in line. What the heck? By the time they got their food, the lunch hour would be over with. Her stomach growled much to her embarrassment.

"Oh my God. What gives? I should assert my authority and skip this damn line." Gio balled his shaky fists.

"Gio! Don't you dare," Trinity giggled.

"Oh, I'm daring. Come on. We'll go in through the back."

Gio grabbed Trinity's hand and pulled her through the crowds. It must be a regular thing he did, because people were yelling at him. How embarrassing!

"What good is it to work for Uncle Dante if I can't bend the rules, people?!" Gio shouted over Trinity's head causing her to duck a little.

A few empty water bottles were launched in their direction. Oh jeez. She hoped a  food fight didn't break out.

"Ha! Suckers!" he shouted again tossing a bottle he managed to catch.

Trinity groaned, but then forgot her mortification when they arrived at the kitchen. Wow. There sure were a lot of calzones being prepped for baking.

"Shirley! My favorite cook. How about two calzones for your two favorite people? That blue apron looks dashing on you, by the way."

Shirley looked to be in her eighties with blue hair and crinkled skin. She rolled her eyes. "Gio, you're not supposed to be back here. And who is she?"

"She's Uncle Dante's girlfriend. So it's okay."

"Gio! No, I'm not!"

"Shh. We'll get food if she thinks you are, so shut up."

"Oh boy." Trinity rubbed her forehead.

"What did you say?"

"I said...she...is...Uncle...Dante's...girl...friend!" Gio shouted so the woman could hear him.