"You don't have to know what it means. There's no right or wrong definition."

The therapist moved her attention to the file in her lap. Trinity couldn't help but notice a cozy blanket draped over the woman's chair, and the elegant way she moved her papers around. Despite the ticking clock, she seemed unbothered with time.

"I noticed in your paperwork you're most recently employed by Venturi Transportation. That was before your husband's death?" She picked up a cup of coffee and sipped from it slow.

"Y-yes. I fell into the job unexpectedly actually. My boss gave me a place to stay and set me up when he figured out what David had done to me."

"How did he figure it out?" the therapist looked confused.

"He saw my injuries. He...kind of took me under his wing."

"What a kind person. You must feel very grateful to him."

"I do. It's just a little complicated."

"Oh?"

The ceiling looked interesting. Why was it so hard to look the therapist in the eye? Trinity sighed deep. "My boss made it clear to me that he's interested in me."

"How does that make you feel?"

"I told him I'm broken. That I can't. That I probably never will be right for a relationship. It, honestly, doesn't make me feel too great."

"Understandable. It's important to know you're not broken, Trinity. You can heal, but it's going to take work. Do you like this man?"

"I do. He's easy to like," a warmth spread to her belly. "He's kind and very generous. All of his employees like him too. His personal assistant seems very fond of him. I'm taking over her position because she's retiring."

"I see. Well, listen, you're entitled to live a very happy life, Trinity. There's no reason why you can't. Yes, you survived a trauma. But, it's not the end all of your life. Your healing will take time and work. In the end, it's going to be up to you. No one can force you. No one should. If your boss can't take no for an answer, I suggest you find a new job," her forehead wrinkled. "Your boss really shouldn't be hitting on you, in my opinion. Does it make you uncomfortable?"

"Not at all. He's not creepy," Trinity chuckled.

"No? Are you sure?"

"Very. He's...easy on the eyes."

"Ah," the therapist grinned. "I think there's hope for you yet, Trinity. Don't give up on yourself. Would you like to make more appointments so that we can get to work?"

"I think so." The therapist was extremely easy to talk to, Trinity reasoned.

"Excellent."

"Before I go, can I ask a question?"

"Absolutely."

"Is it bad for me to feel attracted to someone?"

"No. Not at all. You're your own person, Trinity. You make all the decisions and rules. There's no right or wrong."

-#-

The morning therapy session went by so fast. Even though it was kind of a get-to-know-you session, it felt good to go. Trinity was also happy to be back at work. It was already mid-morning, and she sat at her desk entering in data just as Ms. Jewell showed her. It was a relatively easy task, and she was glad for it. Her mind was too preoccupied for anything difficult. 

Her therapist told her it was okay to feel attracted to someone. It was okay that she was attracted to Dante. Of course, she had no intention of telling anyone that bit of information. But it definitely felt relieving. It was okay, and there was no need to feel guilty. David was a monster who made her feel horrible. He hurt her, almost killing her several times. Now, he was gone. There was no way he could ever hurt her again.