Chapter 20: The Invitation

Start from the beginning

        "It's for hunting only. Anyway, won't Jimin get the wrong idea if he knows we're spending time together? Think about our reputation, Taehyung," claimed the alpha as he suddenly stopped once Taehyung finally caught up to the older man. "That isn't a nice thing to do to your friend."

       "We both know Jimin won't think that," Taehyung whispered softly and tilted his head right after. The omega was right, Hoseok knew Jimin didn't care at the end, but one side of him longed to think that he really did deep down even if it wasn't true.

       "But... Jimin and I..."

       "Come on, is it really a crime to hang out as friends? Namjoon and Jimin do it all the time!"

      With that thought in mind, Hoseok let out a sigh and finally made up his mind. "Well, only for today. After this, we won't meet up again, do I make myself clear? I am an engaged alpha to a-" 

       "Hoseok, I bet the King will marry Jimin before you can!" Taehyung teased and watched the eyes of the alpha blow wide.

       "W-WHAT?!"

       "Come on, let's have fun!" Taehyung giggled as he grabbed onto Hoseok's arm and ran off with the alpha. At that moment, Hoseok didn't feel the need to go hunting once again and finally decided to try new things, but of course, he still longed to have Park Jimin as his omega.

      At the same time that early morning, Jungkook reached the omega river before Jimin. Today was the day he had plans to spend the night with the omega in the palace. Just the thought of having the empty side of the bed filled by the one he longed to spend eternity with, made the alpha smile and bite his lip from excitement.

     "Jimin will come and spend the night with me... We'll be alone... alone..." Jungkook thought and repeated the final word to himself as a shiver ran down his spine. "We could stay up and talk about many things! We could hold each other close and smile into each other's arms... And to think, I will have eternity with him," Jungkook cooed and blushed at the idea alone at the river.

     As the king smiled at the endless wonders that flooded his mind, Jimin finally arrived at the river and giggled at how red Jungkook's face turned. His face resembled the color of the red roses that bloomed in the dawn of a strong season. Once Jungkook turned to face Jimin, he covered his face from the omega.

     "Why are you so red, Jungkook?~" Jimin questioned and approached the alpha. "Are you excited to see me?"

      "Oh, I've just been thinking, that's all!" Jungkook assured, gazing at Jimin while his hands concealed his face from being seen.

     "What are you thinking about?" Jimin wondered. Holding Jungkook's hands and pulling them away slowly to gaze into his charming face. It was as if every day, the king grew even more daring as he was before. This time, the prints of sleep deprivation slowly began to disappear from his features and his gorgeous smile heightened with every crease into the grin.

      "I was only thinking about tonight... We will spend this together and fall asleep under the roof of the palace, aren't you excited?" Jungkook questioned and ran his thumb along Jimin's knuckles. "It's all I've ever wanted, to see the empty side of my bed, filled with the one I will have eternity with."

       "Eternity..." Jimin thought. The omega always thought it was off how early Jungkook spoke as if this relationship was set in stone forever before it still had yet to grow. The beautiful boy understood how love worked, but he couldn't help but to pick up a weird feeling when Jungkook would say things like that too soon. Speaking as if he demanded their love to last for an eternity when so much had yet to grow. Jimin was swept up by the idea and adored it, but picked up a hint of insecurity from the king. An insecurity that overcame him when it came to love.

      "I am excited for the night as well, but you seem to have big plans~" Jimin teased and disregarded his thoughts. "We still have yet to marry and here you are... allowing that mind of yours to wander."

       "Oh, Jimin, it's nothing like that!" Jungkook responded and covered the red apples to his cheek. "You're the only one thinking that!"

        "Says the one turning red. Oh Jungkook, such a young and confused King," Jimin cooed and separated himself from the alpha, progressing towards the river before him. "Did you sleep well this time? Or do you want to sleep with me once more..."

       "I've slept better than I did compared to the past week. That won't be necessary today," replied the alpha and eyed Jimin's figure by the river. "Today, even if it's not your day for the selection, you will approach the gates and a head guard will be there, his name is Min Yoongi. Tell him your name and he will guide you to my sleeping chambers secretly,"

      "If I get caught? Will you dismiss those words by calling me your concubine?" Jimin joked as his gaze followed the ripples to the river. "I don't want to be known as a concubine just because I am seen in your chamber."

       "You know that won't happen. You won't be seen. I will have the servants and eunuchs gathered at the courtyard. My people will be gathered all in the courtyard and you will be guided in a safe path. It's a perfect plan for a secret invitation."

        Once Jungkook devised his plan, Jimin let out a laugh and finally turned to the alpha. Locking his gaze onto the king once his hand covered his mouth to hide his laughter. "Jungkook, all this for a night together. You are a smart King, smart but also very sneaky. Are you... that desperate to have me in your arms for one night?~"

       "Fine, I guess we'll have to wait until we marry to sleep under the same roof," Jungkook announced and folded his arms.

         "H-Hey, Hey, wait, Jungkook! I didn't mean it like that! Of course I want to see you tonight!" Jimin sputtered and reached the alpha to cling onto his arm. "I was only teasing!"

         "I know how you are already, Jimin. You never cease to make me smile," Jungkook replied and ran his hand along Jimin's face carefully. The two then spent their morning together as usual until it was time for the selection.

      Jungkook stood in his throne room, pondering the idea and wondering when Jimin will be guided into his chamber secretly. The plan seemed to stress the young king out as he wondered how Jimin would be able to escape. As the alpha ran his hand along the silk hanbok he wore, he was then interrupted by one of his advisers. Notifying that the omegas for this selection were arriving by the gates. Chances were that Jimin still had yet to come by.

      "I will be at the court in time, notify me when all of the omegas are here for selection and I will be right out," Jungkook responded to his adviser and gazed at the other alpha until he left the room. "Jimin has yet to be here... Until then, I will wait," Jungkook thought as he went on to ponder how great it would feel to see Jimin somewhere else other than the same river they shared many memories in.