Chapter Forty-Seven - The Cross

Start from the beginning

"I took a pre-test exam at Meiji, you?" I asked.

"Just sightseeing," He reasoned.

Even though he tries to conceal his reason for being here, he can't escape from me. "I've been meaning to ask you something, Nii-chan."

"What is it?"

"Why didn't you join our trip to Nagano?"

"I... Erm... It's because I wanted to help Yuu-chan and Imouto-chan with their studies," He smiled.

"You're lying," I said seriously. "You stayed in Tokyo to talk to Iori Nii-chan,"

"I give up," He sighed. "I can't lie to you anymore. You're right, I wanted to talk to Iori while you guys were away, but sadly my  attempt failed since Iori wouldn't listen to me at all."

"What did you want to talk to him about?" I asked.

"One of my workmates in the temple introduced me to a to a psychologist, and I went to have a consultation about Iori's case today, that's why I'm here near the station." Nii-chan then gives me a new contact address. "Save it under another name And contact me in this address if anything happens. This is all I can do for now, but I promise to protect you with all my life."

- - - - -

November 24

Today, Masa Nii-chan decided that we should celebrate of me taking an exam at Meiji University. I told him that it wasn't a big deal since I haven't even taken the test yet. However, he insisted and the other agreed because it would be my first time attending an on-campus school. They were so stoked because it was as if their baby sister is attending her first school. To make them stop all the pestering, I agreed.

*Ring, ring*

"Hello?"

"Lii-chan, would you mind coming to the salon today? I couldn't attend the party later, but I wanted to arrange your hair and clothed for the event." Louis Nii-chan said.

"You don't have too, Nii-chan. It's nothing special anyway," I reasoned.

"Please?"

"But I was hoping in helping Ukyo Nii-chan and Nee-chan with the preparation of the food,"

"Don't worry about that Lisa, you should go." Masa Nii-chan urged. "We're ordering food and cake for the party anyway,"

"I can help take care of the food delivery," Yusuke offered.

"You sure?"

"Yeah,"

"Alright, if ever you need help you can call or text me," I said.

"Don't worry, I can handle it. I am glad that you'll be joining Hina and I in Meiji soon," He smiled. "It might be difficult for me to get accepted, but I'm going to give it my all."

"You better be, I want to enjoy my college life together with my favourite siblings." I chuckled.

"And you will, as long as you help me with the parts I didn't understand." He jested.

"Of course I will," I then looked at my watch and noticed that I still have some time before my appointment with Louis Nii-chan. "I can help you right now if you want?"

"Really?" I nodded and he immediately ran up to his room to get his textbook. As he does so, Tsubaki Nii-chan then entered the living room.

"Welcome home, Nii-chan." I greeted.

"I still have some work to do and only returned home to get a shower," He muttered. I then noticed that his tension is really low today.

Instead of clinging to me like he usually would, he said, "Can you send me a picture after Louis is done giving you a makeover?"