Chapter Forty-Four - Forgiveness and Unveiling

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the concern, but I can't just sit here and not do anything." He said.

"Since, you already have a lot in your hands there. I'll help put out some of your stuff," I said as I help Nii-chan put all the stuff on the side table, and as I put his clothes onto the shelf, I noticed that everything seemed to be in place. "You're good at keeping everything tidy, I'm kind of considering to let you organize my room sometimes."

"That's the first time some has ever said that to me," He chuckled. "Tsubaki usually gets angry if I clean up his room and moves his stuff around,"

I also noticed that Nii-chan looks sad when he brings up Tsubaki's name, and I realized what it means. "Tsubaki Nii-chan still hasn't come to visit you yet?"

"Sadly, no." He sighed.

On the day when I first visited Azusa Nii-chan, Tsubaki Nii-chan came home looking tired late at night. After making dinner for him, I informed him that Azusa Nii-chan said he can come to visit anytime. Even though Nii-chan promised that he will come to visit him, I heard him whispering 'Why does it have to happen now? How could I face Azusa?' obviously because he's still confused about the offer.

Feeling bad for Azusa Nii-chan, I then say, "Tsubaki Nii-chan hasn't come yet because he's busy."

"Yeah, he's been working hard lately to fill in the gaps I left at work. My manager already told me what happened, and I also know that my remaining jobs will probably go to Tsubaki as well." He said. "Tsubaki is thinking too much. A role will only be a role, and besides, I think the anime role initially belongs to Tsubaki anyway."

Since Nii-chan needs some rest, I decided to get a vase for the bouquet in his room before going home. "I'll be back in a minute,"

On my way back to his room, I hear his voice talking to someone else in the room. For a moment I panicked thinking it might be an intruder, but soon I realize that it's the person Azusa Nii-chan has been waiting for. Tsubaki Nii-chan is standing near Azusa Nii-chan's hospital bed, and even though I can't see his face, I can hear that his voice is trembling. Before Tsubaki Nii-chan could say anything, Azusa Nii-chan hugs him and calls him "Nii-san" — just like how it was on the night when he accepted the role.

"I'm so sorry for not coming to visit earlier and for not listening to what you have tried to say," Tsubaki Nii-chan apologized.

"I don't mind, it was my fault too for not explaining the reason. I understand that anyone would be angry to be disturbed in such a state," Azusa Nii-chan said.

"I was a fool, I promise to think carefully before I act from now on. Can you forgive me?"

"There's nothing to forgive, I'm not even angry, to begin with."

Outside of Azusa Nii-chan's hospital room, I closed the door carefully so I won't disturb them. "I'm sorry Nii-chans for causing such a conflict between you two,"

- - - - - TIME SKIP - - - - -

On the day of Hinode High School's culture festival, I decided to check the place out and visit Nee-chan's booth. "Nee-chan, I'm here!"

"Lisa, welcome." Nee-chan greeted with a smiled.

"Wah, Nee-chan you look so cute with that maid outfit! Let's take a picture," I beamed as I grabbed my camera. "Baka Yusuke, come here and take our picture."

"Who are you calling 'Baka'?!" He growled.

"You, Baka!"

"Is it me? Or does it feel like deja vu?" Nee-chan murmured.

"Oh! It's like the day we first met them, remember?" I smiled.

"Oh, right."

"Come on, Baka Yusuke. Take our picture!" I giggled and handed him the camera.