“Is finally here.” I finished her sentence.

Detective Aigle jogged towards me in a hunched posture, spending few bullets until she crouches beside me. “Good to see you alive.” She commented before watching the rest of the team press forward, causing the enemies to fall back.

“Just get the paramedics here.”

“Already on it.” As on cue two medics went straight to me with their medic gears.

I felt a pinch on my skin, the needle already back and forth stitching my wound close.

Another figure approached us, Virgo stood beside Aigle with a hand on her hips while the other held a tablet in front of her. Gaze focused on the screen, half of her face illuminated by the blue light.

“You did a good job infiltrating their records room. We now have leads to their other transaction bases across the globe.” Virgo informed enthusiastically. “I'll send the locations to overseas agencies once we return to the headquarters.”

Aigle rest her pistol back to its holsters. “Now what's left to do is to wait if Dio and Esey manage to sneak in their main center.” She looks over Virgo's shoulder, watching the screen. “Well..seems that they'll have a lot of trouble.”

Mumbling a thanks to the medic after covering the stitched wound with a gauze, I turn to the two. “Why?”

There was a troubled look plastered on Virgo's face. “Somebody alerted the center, they're stuck in lockdown I presume.”

“Then what're we doing here then?” I hop to my feet. “Let's save them.” A hand then was placed on me, stopping me from moving.

Aigle held a firm hand on my chest. “The general wants you back at the headquarters, something about a certain model you babysit going crazy.” She told me as she glanced at the other Detective. I wanted to go.

“You can go with Virgo, she's going back there anyways.” She motioned to the said person.

“But what about—”

“I'll be there to help them.” She interrupts and spun around to leave. “Tora and Epta are already on their way there.”

We watch her retreating figure passing through the hole in a haste. Virgo swing an arm around my shoulder, noticing my frown. “If it makes you happy, the general said we could take a rest.”

She lead me through where Aigle just exited and in the distance we see a parked car from one of the angecies at the side of a busy road where police officers set boundaries.

I went to the passenger seat and slammed the door close, folding my arms on my chest with a flaring nose. Virgo did me  favor and  took the drivers seat, I'm not in a good mood to drive, I'd crash this car if I wanted to.

Kendall's a grown woman damnit, she can perfectly handle her own, she can entertain herself and talk to other girls. Why do I have to be there when she acts like a fucking diva. I'm beginning to believe I'm more of a babysitter than a Detective, just like what the others always tease me about.

The engine rumbled smoothly when Virgo turned the ignition. “Don't worry, we'll be on the next raid. Our guests are just handful than the others.”

The vehicle maneuver out the curb and into the road leading to the city, honking shortly at the press blocking the way. “Easy for you to say, mine acts more like brat than your guests' three kids.” I grumbled as I gaze out the window.

“Maybe she's having trouble or something? They are forced in isolation after all.” She speculates. “Talk to her, maybe she needs it. Doesn't hurt to try right?”