14 - "𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 $𝟹𝟾 𝚝𝚘𝚘, 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝."

Long chapter, vote and comment please ❤️

⚠️trigger warnings at the end ish of chapter ⚠️
October 2, 2020 (this isn't the next month, this is like a continuation of chap 13.)

I arrive at Coolie's house and he opens the door shirtless

I arrive at Coolie's house and he opens the door shirtless. Fuck. "Hey." I follow him into the house and we both go to his room, as usual.

"Hi- I um- I have something to tell you." I stutter nervously, failing to make eye contact.

"Okay, I have something to tell you too." This time I do look up at him, and he has a somewhat excited look on his face.

"You can go first." Depending on what he says, it might change my decision on whether or not I want to tell him.

"I have a girlfriend!" Oh. Oh.

I stay quiet for about 30 seconds, just thinking about what he just told me... a girlfriend. And here I was, thinking I could finally express my feelings for him. 

"Nicki? You good? What did you have to tell
me?" I quickly snap out of it, looking back up at him.

"O-oh it's nothing, it was nothing important. What's her n-name?" His smile grows wider, as if just the pure thought of her makes him happy, which is good for him, I guess.

"Her name is Kehlani, we met about 2 months ago. I was gonna tell you before but I thought it'd be smarter to just tell you when we actually became official. I asked her to be my girlfriend yesterday, I was so happy once she said yes, and-" Coolie continued to ramble on about her, but I just couldn't help but to stop listening. Kehlani. It has to be the Kehlani I know, I just know it. She knew, she knew about Coolie. She knew he had feelings for me and that I was starting to get them for him, she knew. 2 months ago, that's when Jah went to jail and she started hating me. Ain't that something. "And- hey are you listening? What's wrong?"

"Sorry, I just don't really feel too good. I'm fine though."

"Oh okay. How are you holding up? Ya know, with Jahseh in jail." I let out a sigh and I start playing with my fingers.

"I mean it's not the best, it actually sucks a lot. I just miss him ya know, like we weren't on good terms at first but like after my birthday we just became like almost best friends... and for him to just be taken away like that. Its crazy, it really is. For him to be taken away for false accusations, that's terrible. I can't imagine how upset he is." He doesn't say anything, just nods. When talking about Jahseh this time, I didn't cry. Yes I'm still sad, but it's almost like I simply can't cry anymore.

Coolie opens his mouth to say something, but before words can come out, I get a phone call from my mother, which was unexpected. "I'm sorry, I have to take this." I step out the room, and press the answer button. "Hello?"

"Nicole, look. That house you're in, with those men. I don't trust it. One of them is a woman beater, I bet the other is a fucking serial killer. Look, I need you home, but bring about $38 too. I need it."