ONE

.

Chapter Forty-Two

.

~Diego's POV~

.

I was talking to Gery when I saw a head peeking out of the corner.

"Um... I'll be right back..."

"Okay" she replies.

I head over to the wall and lean against it waiting for the person to come out again.

Violetta slowly pops her head towards me and looks shocked.

"What are you doing..." I question as she reveals herself to me.

"Oh hey! Didn't see you there! I was just..."

"Spying on me?" I laugh.

"N-no..." She says a little confused. "I was just looking at... This amazing poster!!..."

She leans against a big, yellow motivational poster that read "Brighten your day".

"Um... Great?" I say staring at the paper.

"Y-yeah..." She stammers. "I was totally not spying!-"

"No but really" I say walking over to her behind the wall. "Why are you spying?"

"I am not..." She murmurs.

"You are to" I say.

"I-I just..." She tries to explain while I look at her with my arms crossed entertainingly. "I... think I need to go!"

"Wait" I say grabbing her arm.

She gulps and looks down.

"Is there something on your mind?... Just say it..."

"Fine..." She takes a long, deep breathe as if she's about to tell me a dark secret...

"Who is that?!"

"Who is who?" I ask raising a brow.

"That girl... Gery... I-I just need to know if you two are dating"

"No..." I say happy yet astonished at the same time. Why would she care?

"We're not dating..." I clarify once again.

"Really?" She asks a little satisfied.

"Yeah... I mean, I would never date my second cousin..."

Her eyes widened. "Y-your what?"

"My second cousin... I've been trying to tell you that she's related to me..." I let out a little laugh.

"Ohhhh" She says a little calmer. "Wow... I did not know that..."

"It's not your fault... Anyways... Why were you so eager to know who she is?" She notices me smirking and looks down.

"N-no reason" She answers quickly.

"Really? So... It wasn't because you were jealous-?"

"N-no of course not" She says confidently.

I nod grinning. "Okay, whatever you say"

She shoots her gaze over at someone behind me.

"So..." She says slowly.

I turn around to see Leon talking to Gery.

"Is she gonna... stay around for long?" Violetta asks in a harsh tone.

"Why? You don't like my cousin?"

"No, no! It's not that! I-I mean, she's nice... I was just curious, you know..."

"Well, no... We're not sure... My aunt is only staying for a bit so they might go back to Spain unless they decide to move here... But I think she's mostly just visiting for an extensive while..."

"Oh. Ok" She smiles nervously.

Leon looks towards us and waves to me before he stops when he sees Violetta and gives her a faint smile.

Violetta responds by looking away and rolling her eyes. What is going on between these two?

"So you and Leon aren't getting 'along' anymore?"

"What do you think?" She says folding her arms. She takes one small glance towards them and sees Leon staring at her. Neither of them broke the moment until Leon looked back towards Gery. Now, she looks hurt, and confused. I don't want to just let her be this way...

"I think..." I say taking a firm grip of both her hands. Her eyes shift towards my hands to my face in less than a second.

"Diego- what are you?-" By now, she's already looking to see if Leon's observing.

"...you need to forget about him"

" Diego...I..."

"Don't think about him at all... Shut out your pain, or anyone who's hurt you and confused you..."

"It's not that easy" She mutters.

"Yes it is..." I squeeze her hand and this time I can tell Leon is noticing us as his conversation with Gery had been silenced.

"All you need is to be around people who don't do those kinds of things to you... Who make you feel loved... And..." I point to the poster and she laughs. "...Brighten your day"

She's smiling at the ground yet at the same time her hands were shaking... It's hard to read her expression until she starts to speak. "Thanks Diego"

"You're welcome" I smile.

"My answer is yes."

"What?"

"Yes as in; yes I'll go out on one date with you!"

"Y-you will?"

"Why not?" She chuckles. I drew a blank.

"Diego?" She asks waving her hand in front of my face.

"S-sorry, It's just that... This was really unexpected..." I can't help but blush.

"Yeah, well... You said I should spend time with someone who could make me feel happy and could brighten my day... so I'm giving you one chance... which means ONE date, am I clear?"

I nod in understanding.

"Okay" She says with nervousness in her tone; almost as if she's embarrassed to go out with me... "I'll see you then..."

---

👋

I had to make Diego and Violetta closer, I had tooooo.💘 don't be mad at me✌️be mad at the world👐🌎

I like adding lots of drama as you can tell😂

Things happen okay ✊

~Mayma