Help

.

Chapter Fifty-Three

.

~Violetta's POV~

.

"Alex, this is Violetta. Violetta this is my best friend, Alex!"

I looked at Alex beside Felipe- tall, dark and wretchedly handsome. My mind instantly recollected every painful memory and the feeling of heartache strung through me. The boy who broke my heart had been standing right in front of me... Yet 'broke' was merely an understatement. He teared and ripped a part of me into a million pieces, and for a long time, he was even the reason for many of my insecurities.

"Hey Vilu." The way the words sounded, rolling off his tongue, sickened me. He had no right to talk to me after everything...

The worst part was, even though he had made me suffer and cry through the weakest nights, he still stole my heart, and he hasn't given it back...

I couldn't hate myself any less in this moment... I knew, deep down, I still loved Alex and for this reason, my instincts led me to run.

"I have to go" I said ending our conversation. I quickly ended what would be the worst conversation I'd ever have, knowing I could never turn back. Skidding across the heavy sand in my open-toe shoes, I ran towards the middle of the beach where all me and Cami's stuff had been scattered...

Cami, Shit!

She was sitting on a bench beside the beach hut, her head slowly lowering backwards as she was passing out.

"Camila! Get up!" I nudged her as she quickly regained balance. "Cami, you okay?"

"I-I'm fine Vilu! Hey, w-where's Felipe?"

Her words weren't heard clearly through her slurred accent. When will this girl stop getting drunk?

"Forget him..." I told her lifting her arms over my shoulder. "C'mon I'll drive you home"

"We're not staying?" She asked a little disappointed. I simply shook my head before shoving her into her seat. Her weight had been attacking at my back. After managing to get her seatbelt over her shoulder, she immediately fell asleep.

I wiped a sweat from my forehead before getting into the car myself, processing everything that had happened in just a heartbeat. Someone I had planned on forgetting forever had come back into my life.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

*time lapse*

"Cami, c'mon, I can't carry you all the way to the living room... Cooperate with me please!" I begged under the struggle of dragging Cami out of my car.

Her mascara slightly smeared down her face and her hair was a tangled mess. I hung her arms over my shoulder and attempted to carry her to the door like that.

"Cami we're home..." I said fumbling to reach my keys in my pocket. I quickly unlocked the door and we both fell in.

"Are you serious?" I thought to myself, pushing her weight off of me. I shot up and glanced at her taking a rest on the floor. Even if I did cushion her fall, why is she still sound asleep?

I pulled her near the soft rug and let her continue her deep sleep the way she had apparently wanted it. It made sense why she'd be tired though. After I told her about Diego and me last night, she claimed she wouldn't sleep until I gave her the full details...

I had to tell her... Cami was a trustworthy friend and I couldn't just keep the secret inside.

The doorbell struck echoing a ringing sound around the house. I looked up at the door skeptically and jogged over.

Looking over my shoulder to check on Cami for the last time, I opened the door and covered my eyes at the sun shining at my face.

"Violetta, hey."

I lowered my hand and stared at Leon in confusion. "Um...hey what are you doing here Leon?"

"You busy?" He smiled leaning against the door frame. The way his body language spoke to me was difficult to interpret... He seemed to be friendly, but why would I let him in after all the times he tried to ignore me?

I nearly forgot about the situation with Cami. "Oh... I am busy, actually..."

Leon peeked through the door and saw Cami lying on the floor with her arms spread out.

"Is she...?"

"She passed out after getting drunk..." I explain as he nods his head in understanding.

"I've been through that too many times..." He says relating to it. "Sure, looks you need some... help?"

"That would be... great..." I grin opening the door for him to come inside. It didn't feel good to invite him in without contemplating first, but I didn't have much else to do for the rest of the time...

We spent ten minutes alone together with sleeping beauty. Cami looked like she was about to wake up so we moved her over to the couch so she could have a more comfortable rest.

"So how are you?"

What should I begin telling him? That I feel Scared, Confused, Shitty?

"Great." I replied lowering my head.

"You don't seem great." He infers plopping down next to me on the couch.

"No, I'm not" I stated. "Duh."

"Sorry about these past couple of days. I've been... busy with all the music and stuff"

"Really?" I ask hoping he'd be honest.

"Yeah." He says furrowing his brow.

"Everyone's just been 'busy' and it's been driving me insane" I curled up into the corner of the couch and isolated myself from his side.

"I'm here now?" He places his hand on one of my knees and I tried to stay calm.

"Oh hey Leon!" Cami shouts causing us to jump a bit startled. Neither of us had noticed she had awoken. "Wait, why are you here?"

"Hey Cami." He waves at her letting go of my knee. "I'm just here helping Vilu." We oddly shift apart from each other on the couch.

"Wow! How awkward must that be?!" Cami laughed continuing to ramble on as drunk as she was.

Leon glanced at me with a puzzled look. "Why would that be?"

"I don't know... Maybe because Violetta kissed your friend Diego!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

😇cami's my fav ...

anyways! I'm debating whether to update again possibly today or not... ?But for now, here's one of my 'final' chapters before I go on vacation for spring break :)

I'll be off of wattpad for at least the weekend so sorry if you expected an update from any other books!

Thanks for reading💗 please vote + comment your thoughts ☺️

~Mayma