"I know, doesn't mean I can't promise." I whisper, moving back so I could see my beautiful husband's face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Levi's POV~ 

I wave to the regiment as they leave, seeing Eren waving back from the middle. I smile and lean against the wall, a hand on my stomach. They said this expedition could take anywhere from a couple weeks to a month… I guess we'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks turned into a month which turned into two months. I don't know why this expedition was taking so long, but I really hope it doesn't mean they're all gone. I look into the distance, squinting when I saw a group of people walking towards me. Eren was leading the group, covered in blood. I let out a sob and started running towards the group. 

"Eren!" I sob, running to him. He visibly lightened up, his eyes widening when he saw me. He limps towards me quickly, tears running down his cheeks.

Soon, I was in his arms, not caring about the blood and the smell on him. Loud sobs left my lips as I banged on his back with my fists.

"You dumbass! I-I thought you were dead!" I sob. 

"But I'm not. I didn't break my promise." He whispers, sniffling. I chuckle and sniffle.

"Thank goodness…" I whisper, holding him like my life depended on it. He picks me up and walks to our room.

"How badly are you injured?"

"Not terribly. I twisted my ankle but that's it." He says, sitting down on the bed.

"Okay." I whisper. 

"Bath though… we're both covered in blood now." I whisper. He nods. 

"I'll get one ready for us." He says, setting me on the bed before going to our private bathroom. After a few moments, he came back and helped me remove the metal leg Hanji had made for me. Eren then picked me up and carried me into the bathroom, carefully setting me in the tub before he stripped down, climbing in behind me. He starts by washing our hair before he moved onto my body. He paused when he saw my belly, his eyes widening. 

"I was so excited I didn't see…" He whispers, his soap-covered hands running over my slightly rounded stomach. I smile, moving his hands to the sides of my stomach. He was about to protest before i cut him off.

"Just wait." I whisper. Eren nods and stares at my stomach, his jaw dropping when the baby kicks.

"W-wow… they're already that active?"

"Yep…" I whisper. 

"What do you think the gender is?"

"Boy. Most definitely. He's taking after you." I say softly.

"I'll be happy with either." Eren says, continuing to wash my body.

"I'll be happy as long as our baby is healthy." I whisper. Eren nods and rinses me off. I help wash him and rinse him off before we both got out, drying off.

"Levi, honey…"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I took so long. I tried getting back sooner… but they kept coming… I-I lost so many…" 

"I understand Eren… I've had it happen too. I'm just glad you came back." I whisper, cupping his face in my hands. He sniffles, tears running down his cheeks.

"I lost too many." He says, slumping down onto the bed. I hug him close, his head on my chest.

"Let it out honey…" I whisper, rubbing his back. 

"I shouldn't be alive, Levi! They died for me! And their deaths didn't even mean anything because we haven't been able to push them back!" 

"Hey, hey. You are alive because your cadets love you and would risk anything for you. You are alive because they gave their lives… that's the life of a commander. You've done so well, their deaths meant something. We are almost out of the walls thanks to you… you are humanity's hope. And you have given so many people hope since you joined. Please don't lose hope now. You have done well. You have made a dent. Don't forget that." I whisper, wiping his tears. Eren pulls me closer, causing my crutches to fall to the ground.

"What would I do without you?" He sobs.

"You'd probably die." I joke. Eren chuckles and looks up at me.

"I love you… so damn much."

"I love you too." I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope yall like it. Part 2 will be out soon.

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy