Letting Go

Hey guys, just when you thought you got a break from me, I'm back! With another part to the Ink and Roses series! It may or may not be the final part. We'll see! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Geralt's POV~

I sigh, looking through pictures of me and (Y/N) on my phone. That's when I got a message from Lambert. As much as I was thankful for him looking over (Y/N) for me, it sucked that he was actually building a relationship with her.

I open the message, seeing a picture of (Y/N) holding up a bouquet of pink and blue flowers, a hand on her large belly.

"Huh, gender reveal I guess." I mumble, hovering my fingers over the photo.

'Only five weeks to go!' read the message.

"Fuck..." I mumble, getting up and getting dressed, going to work.

The day went by quickly and before I knew it, I was done with my appointments. I cleaned up my station for the last time of the day, going out of the building and saying goodbye to Coen, my brother and also the owner. I exit the shop, walking over to (Y/N)'s flower shop, walking in to see Triss instead of (Y/N).

"Triss."

"Geralt. I was just closing up. And you just missed (Y/N). Lambert just picked her up."

"Oh... okay."

"You know, you coming in here every time you can only hurts her more... right?"

"I know..."

"Then why, if you truly love her, why do you keep doing it?"

"Because I wanna hope that one day she'll take me back... I know I hurt her pretty bad, so bad her soulmate mark is gone... but mine remains... I may not be her soulmate anymore, but she's still mine... I'm going to try to win her back."

"She won't take you back." Triss warns.

"We'll just have to see about that." I say, leaving the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks passed since then and I was leaving the shop when I heard a cry come from the alleyway. I rush to the source of the cry and see (Y/N) crouched down in the alley behind the shops.

"(Y/N) what's wrong?" I ask, rushing over to her.

"The babies... Th-they're coming!"

"B-babies?" I stutter. She glares at me.

"That's all you fucking gathered from that?!" She growls, slapping me. I bow my head in shame.

"Sorry love."

"You don't—ngh— get to call me that!" She grits out, her hands balled into fists as the contractions ripped through her.

"Keys..."

"What?"

"Give me your keys!... please." I whisper the last bit, looking her in her (E/C) eyes.

"No!"

"Yes!" I shout, grabbing her purse from where it fell and grab the carabiner with the keys off of it. I then grip her by her shoulders and lift her to her feet, scooping her up before carrying her to the car. I unlock the doors and place her in the passenger seat, shutting the door. I run over to the driver's side and get in, buckling myself in and turning the car on, pulling out of the parking space and driving to the hospital. (Y/N) sobbed in pain, gripping her belly.

"(Y/N)... why are you working when you're this far along?"

"I was just... checking in on the shop!" She grits out.