"Fuck. I'm sorry baby." I pulled her into my arms "I'm still trying to learn how not to be an asshole." I kissed the top of her head. "I guess I'm failing at it." I laughed.

"You're not an asshole. You are an amazing man whom I love and respect and if this isn't something you want it's okay you tried for me." She leaned up and gave me a peck on the lips "So thank you."

"We came all this way to the store, so we are getting this goddamn tree and whatever else your little heart desires." I told her and she got really excited.

She grabbed a few more things for the tree. We stood on a ridiculously long line and paid then drove back home.

"I can't remember the last time I drove myself anywhere." I said gripping the

steering wheel, "I wonder if I still have my license?" I said jokingly.

"What?" She turned and looked at me.

"Just kidding. I mean who would take a license away from Alexander Kane" I laughed.

"I would, for talking about yourself in a third party" She laughed "It shows your crazy." She kept laughing.

"I'll show you crazy" I said tickling her.

She kept laughing and the sound of her lighthearted laugh was breathtaking. I can't believe a little over a month ago she was so scared, broken and sad and now she's alive and it's beautiful. Maybe I'm not so much of an asshole that I thought I was because no one that pure would have fallen for a guy like me.

We pulled into the gated driveway and got out of the car. I started to head for the door then realized I gave my staff three days off so now I have to carry all the shit in myself.

I grabbed the tree and Lilith grabbed the bags "How do people do this?" I asked lifting the tree in both hands.

"This isn't an unusual task. People do this every Christmas." She gave me a smart-ass remark. "Let me help you" She went to grab the other end of the tree.

"I got this." I said to her in my macho voice. "Just grab the door before I drop it."

She ran up the stairs to open the door.

"Whoever put these many stairs leading to my door is fired!" I'm now dragging this damn tree up the many stairs.

"I think it was your architect, and you already paid him." She laughed at me.

Oh, she came back with another smart-ass remark I'm going to have to teach her a lesson tonight I thought to myself.

"I just might have to fuck you on ever little step out here if you keep it up with your smart-ass remarks." I looked at her and gave her a don't tempt me smile.

"Well it's a good thing your neighbors are miles away" she winked at me.

I reached the top of the steps and put the tree down and grabbed her waist and pushed her up to the door. Her body was leaning against the closed door and I started to kiss her.

"Did I just hear another challenge?" I kiss her and lifted her legs around my waist and realized she's wearing pants "When did you put pants on?"

"I've been wearing pants all day" She laughed at me. "Put me down we have work to do, it's Christmas Eve."

"So, let me get this straight I gave All of my employees off and now I have work? How is this even fair?" I pouted at her and put her down.

She opened the door and I picked the tree back up and we walked inside the house. It took about two hours to set up the tree in the spot that she wanted and decorated it. She made us hot coco and we sat on the couch next to the fireplace and just stared at the beautiful tree we decorated together. Our new tradition.