27. Not My Job

Felicia just forced a giggle out of her mouth, gently slapping Quint's chest playfully. I looked back to Felicia. "Blue jays aren't cute, silly. They're just animals."

"I think they're quite handsome, actually." I mumbled, rocking back on my heels.

"No one asked you." Felicia replied, almost hissing at me.

"You didn't ask any questions, so I could easily say my opinion."

"I was talking to your handsome friend here, not you."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I'd like to get going, Felicia. It's getting dark, after all." Alex interjected, standing in front of me and blocking my view from her. I flicked his tense back but he did not move.

I heard Felicia sigh. "Alright, Alex. It was nice meeting all of you. Especially you, Quint." She winked and slipped a piece of paper into his hand before sashaying back towards the car. Alex turned towards me and held out his hand.

"What?" I snapped.

"Address for the house you wanted me to stay at?" He replied, smirking at my expression.

I flushed and muttered an 'oh' before grabbing a pen and pad and jotting down the address. I ripped it off and handed it to him. He winked and jogged to the car, hopping into the back seat.

Felicia swung her hips side to side as she rounded the hood, dragging her fingers across it. Before she got into the car, she blew a kiss towards Quint and winked, getting into the small vehicle.

The car drove away.

"Is that her number, Quint?" Dax asked, glancing at the piece of paper Quint had clutched in one hand.

Quint looked down and unfolded it. He scanned it and nodded. "Yep."

I felt the jealousy flow through me, and I was glad I was wearing a hat. I looked down and ground my teeth together.

"So? Are you going to follow through?" Ry asked, peering over Quint's shoulder.

"I don't know." A smirk spread across his lips. "Probably."

"I'll meet you guys at the car." I snapped, walking away from the group. I wove through the cars, my arms crossed over my chest.

I can't believe he'd actually consider going out with her. I mean, she's totally not his type, she's just going with him for his looks, she seems like a total witch with a capital b, and... and... why do I even care?

I heard a yelp from behind me, but I didn't stop moving. I heard loud stomping and a few relieved breaths.

"Why did that just catch on fire?!" Sylvia shrieked. I smirked and shook out my hands that had heated up a bit too much.

I don't know why I'm feeling like this, but the next moment I get Quint alone, I'm going to get my answer.

*****

"So... how do you two know each other?" Ry asked, shoveling more of Alex's famous shrimp Alfredo into his mouth.

I froze and glanced at Alex, silently telling him to not make the same mistake he did earlier. He slightly nodded.