to the burden lifter

You can be that person who brings baggage from the past. Or you can be that someone who's picking up unnecessary baggage along the way. Either way, even when you know it's the right thing to do, you just find it hard to lay down your burdens and leave them behind. The truth of the matter is, the rights things, which will make life easier, are the hardest to do. And sometimes, you just settle with it.

Carrying the baggage of unforgive-ness, worrying about the unforeseeable future, getting frustrated about people, or really just getting upset about things that you can't control about. The Lord already offered His help, that you can lay down them at His feet. Yet, you constantly find yourself carrying them again.

The initial weight might be manageable and you thought you can make it for a long time while carrying it on your own. I know why you chose to carry them, and it's because you think somehow you have total control over your situation and are sure that you can bring it to the other side of working so hard. You think that maybe it will get lighter or you'd get used to its weight.

But you see, it's quite the opposite. It gets heavier with every step that you take. he further you bring them, the more your heart breaks. The more you carry them around, the more you'll be miserable and lose your joy and peace. You'll miss out to celebrate the breakthroughs that come your way. Because how can you jump with joy and run around with gladness when your baggage is weighing you down? How can you raise your hands to worship if they're busy gripping those bags of frustrations? And no matter how long you stop to find rest along the way, you're not gonna find it, unless you release your burden.

You see, maybe you just really need to trust that the Lord has His best amazing ways. The things you can't control, the things that make you upset, tell the Lord about it. He knows them but He is always delighted to listen to what's in your heart. He always has the upper hand but you got to believe that. It's not enough to know the truth. You have to choose to believe that truth. You will see that giving God everything you worry about gets easier. You will see freedom and peace.

There's so much goodness in releasing the burden to the Lord. Giving them to the Lord means giving them to the right person. He clearly knows what to do with them and He can fix them perfectly. And while He does that, you can experience peace knowing that you're in good hands. Knowing that the one who completely knows everything is working things for your own good gives a sense of contentment and fulfillment. From that peace, you can take joy and be hopeful because the Lord never fails. He never falters in doing what He has promised.

Psalm 55:22: Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

✄---------------------

May the Lord bless you and keep you. ♡