to the heart that wants to give up

Toiling every day, you might've constantly been meeting yourself at the place of tiredness. Your bed is now a setup for you when you're drained and dead tired. When you're lying down, you hardly even find yourself resting. You've been doing the same thing; you go through the same routine every day that you're not joyful about. You just got used to it and somehow, it's the only thing that keeps you hardly going.

"Is it time to give up yet?", you asked yourself.

You're confused and anxious because you badly wanted to give up, but you can't release it all yet, or you might break down. You're afraid to break apart. You just want to live sustained even when you don't find joy anymore. And you think that somehow, toiling and still going through the routine each day is the only way.

Now that you're faced with storms of uncertainty and dark clouds of discouragements, you just want to escape from this dreadful night and hope that it's all nothing but a dream.

But let me tell you this. You're allowed to give up things but consider holding on to God first. Hold on to Him so tight that nothing will ever make you lose your grip, even as the storms of tiredness will make their way.

It's not that things will get better in the time that you expect them to but holding on to God will make you find things that you didn't know you'll need. His presence gives rest so the restless soul. His love gives hope to the hopeless heart. His grace is sufficient.

If there's something you wanted to give up, it should be the thing that God didn't approve of. He didn't approve of the joyless and hopeless routine. He didn't approve of your habits that you allow to shape and change your identity. What He approves of are the things that are done in His love and grace, the habits that are dependent on your identity. He approves of your heart that clings to Him for help and assurance.

Change your perspective if you must, change your attitude if it requires you to. Change your habits that will reflect the love of Christ.

It will not be easy and immediate, but the Lord is there to go with you through the process. Don't run too fast or you might stumble and fall. Don't walk too slow or you might miss out the train to your fortress. Take the pace that the Lord wants you to have.

Don't give up just yet and choose to hold on to the Lord. Look at things from the perspective of His love and you'll see that there's beauty of your days beyond your routine. There's light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to choose to keep going and go through it first. But you're not meant to do it alone.

You are pressed but not crushed, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed, by that, you can declare His grace and love.

Psalm 23:4: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

✄---------------------

May the Lord bless you and keep you. ♡