Chapter Thirty Two: New Beginnings

Warmest Birthday wishes to my girl TeemahGujbawu, God bless your new age. Please go to her profile to read her new story, it's called His Surrogate Wife.

Just as Labeebah 'died', Abdul walked out of the room, into the elevator and while the elevator slid down the levels, he transferred the video from his watch to his phone and sent it to Yaana.

All within about two minutes. When the elevator doors swished open at the ground floor, he shut his eyes and summoned tears, chuckling to himself when immediately, two tears trickled down his eyes.

"Labeebah isn't the only one who knows how to act." He took off his cap and walked out of the elevator, looking very listless and quite grief stricken. The nurses at the reception looked at him as he walked away and shook their heads.

When the doors of Diezemane slid shut behind him, he put his cap back on his head and picked his already ringing phone.

"Check your account. I've sent your money. One hundred and fifty million naira paid in full. Disappear immediately Abdullahi Babagana. I don't want to find you in Abuja or even Nigeria anymore in this lifetime.

Is that clear?" Abdul chuckled and turned off his phone. Yaana reminding him of his full name made it all so funny that in Labeebah's whole life, she didn't learn his true name.

He summoned Siri to call Amal as he waited to cross the road and immediately Amal picked, he asked "Are your bags packed?" Just as Amal answered, the jet black Ferrari that had been idling on the other lane began riding at smooth speed.

"I've been paid. Get Mama and yourself to the Aminu Kano airport, we'll go to Niger from there." Just as Amal said Okay, the Ferrari took on speed and hit Abdul smack.

The car ran him over and crushed both his left hand that he used to hold his phone and the phone itself.

******

In all the madness that was Diezemane after Abdul's hit and run accident, Labeebah was transferred into a medical ambulance helicopter and no one else except a nurse was in the ambulance with her.

"Maama. They're on the way." Labeebah's aunt heard her mother hum and asked them to immediately return to Kano for a while, that she would brief them on what to do next.

"What did she say, Hannatu?" The recipient of his question only chuckled and said, "Abdul has already been hit, Labeebah moved to Lagos. What else remains?" She spread out her hands and said with some more laughter.

"Oh yeah, we must go and behave as though we're in mourning." They hugged each other and for the first time since the accident, they both laughed out loud, knowing that their baby was safe and away from trouble.

"Let's go home and rest, refuse to see people and just eat enough food." Ibrahim rubbed his wife's head slowly, letting his smile blossom slowly. Then a thought occured to him and his smile died.

"Do you blame me?" Hannatu shook her head. Then she laid her head on her husband's very broad chest, he had been a construction worker early in his life and developed muscles enough to let her sleep comfortably on. It was one of the things she loved the most about him.

"I don't blame you. If there's anyone I blame, it's Maama. For letting Beebah live life without knowing who her true father is, she's going to give us hell for it when she wakes. I can only hope she understands that Bakura himself didn't know himself." Ibrahim nodded. Going through the specifics in his mind.

" Labeebah's life is never going to be the same again, Hanna." He called his wife's nickname as the declarative statement fell from his lips. Hannatu nodded very understandingly. Life would never be the same for Labeebah again.