Fifty Eight: Gone too soon

Hey my people 🙈😌How are you doing? Miss me? Of Labeebah? If you miss her it's okay too. I'd just like you to leave a comment and vote🤲🏽, pretty please share with your friends and fam too.

"Yes Kaka."

I heard Sa'ad say and I stopped at the door to the living room, trying to listen. I heard Kaka's low rumbling older person voice but I heard nothing of what she was telling Sa'ad because she was whispering. I looked around me to see if anyone had seen me stop, before placing my ear on the keyhole. Then I vaguely heard something about my father remarrying and how he didn't know how to tell us yet.

I straightened up and pursed my lips, cupping the gold clinks strap of my white clutch bag to avoid making noise and announcing my arrival. Baaba wants to marry Midarl? Hamieydat Al Hassan? That would be amazing news to us, so why is he hesitating. I shrugged and turned the door knob alerting my grandma and fiance, they both stopped talking and smiled at me widely.

I strutted, because that what my cousins call my walk, over to Kaka and kissed her head. I smelt her lavender oiled hair from the top of her vintage scarf and I breathed it in. This woman is peace.

"You both be good and pick a nice place, not so far from me so I can walk there everyday." I unhooked my arm from her shoulder and stepped in front of her so she could see me well and shook my head.

"Your neighbors are super rich. We, Sa'ad and I are still struggling. When we're super rich too, we'll buy a house next door." She laughed, frowned and then began to mumble stuff about how they- being Kaka, Baaba, and Sa'ad's parents- told us to let them pitch in with the house. I disagreed for two reasons; one, those already saying my wedding is extravagant and sponsored by Baaba with government money will be given more fuel to their dying fire, two, I just want everything about this marriage different from the other.

"Kaka, don't worry we'll soon let you flex your muscles." She smiled and I winked at Sa'ad who had been watching us all the while with a fond smile on his handsome face. He got up, adjusted his white Kaftan top and greeted Kaka again, telling her we are leaving. She nodded fondly as well, picking up her veil and calling for her personal assistant, we as respectfully as we could watched her leave the room before smiling widely at one another.

"You look stunning today."You know how you already know you look beautiful but an affirming comment from your loved one just gives you a boost? That's how I feel. Like I'm on one of the clouds, floating.  "Are you ready?" I nodded. He picked up a bag placed beside him and handed it to me. I opened the bag almost immediately, nearly tearing at the wrapping paper before screaming. It doesn't feel like it's me anymore, I totally feel like a different person.

"This is so beautiful." He had three of our pre-wedding pictures framed in love shaped frames, I raised my head and smiled my thanks at him. He blew me a kiss after looking around the room.

I rushed back upstairs to drop the bag on my bed before running back downstairs to meet him. He was already standing beside the car, leaning against the bonnet, waiting for me. When I reached, he walked over and opened the passenger door for me, waiting till I fiddled with my seatbelt and fastened it before shutting the door.

"So, where are we going first?" He asked me because I planned this date. It's not a date, per se. It's just us spending time together, getting to know one another and I think we choosing our house is a good place to bond.

"First, we'll stop at FBG's drinks. Get cups of coffee or whatever you'd like, then we'll call the real estate agent, she's waiting for us." He nodded and started the car, driving out of the spot he parked in and greeting the gateman Manning the gate with a smile.