Black Wings (Geralt prompt - part 2)

You leaned back against the tree, trying to catch your breath. You've been running for hours now, trying to get away from the golden eyed witcher. You knew he would find you eventually, as you left your scent behind, by tearing a piece of your cloth. But you would keep running, as long as needed.

"You know," came a voice from behind. "It's pretty rude to run away in the middle of a conversation."

You quickly turned around, and faced the witcher, as he came closer to you, his sword scraping over the frozen ground. You tried to make yourself smaller, your eyes never leaving the approaching witcher.

''Maybe it was a little rude,'' your voice didn't sound as powerful as you wanted it to and you quietly scolded yourself for it, as you continued. ''But can you blame me for trying to save my own ass?''

His low chuckle left you with goosebumps all over your body and you wrapped your arms around yourself, trying to hide it from him.

He was only one step away from being pressed against you, when he spoke up again. "You still didn't answer my question." He licked his lips and his glowing gaze froze you in place. "What are you?"

You steadily met his gaze, suddenly not so afraid anymore. "I'm an angel."

The tension between the two of you broke as Geralt snickered, his eyes glowing with amusement this time. "Yeah sure, and Santa claus is real. What are you really, huh?"

He rubbed his chin as he thought about possible monsters. "Probably some kind of vampire, a bruxa maybe? Or perhaps a higher vampire?"

You shook your head at his suggestions and pushed yourself away from the tree, your nose almost touching his chest as you gave yourself some space. You closed your eyes and felt a surge of power in the air as you summoned your big, black wings, unfolding them to their full length from behind your back.

Geralt had taken a startled step back when he felt the power ripple through the air and was now staring at your wings in awe. You raised your eyebrow at his look and placed your hands on your hip, shaking your wings.
''So, you believe me now? Santa Claus may not exist, but I'm as real as they get.''

Geralt kept quiet for a second and took a step forward, as if he was enchanted by the sight in front of him. His hand reached out towards one of your wings, and you backed away from him, before he could touch it. ''Don't,'' you softly whispered. ''Are you going to kill me now?''

Geralt tilted his head at your question. ''For being an angel? No. For being annoying? Possibly."

You snorted, crossing your arms in front of your chest. ''Well if you're not going to kill me, can I go?''

Geralt released a 'Hmmm,' before grabbing your wrist, pulling you against him as he sat down on the cold ground. "I'm afraid I can't let you go before you told me your story."

You huffed, but pressed yourself closer against his body, shielding yourself against the cold. You wings reacted on instinct, and curled around the two of you, hiding you from view.

"You're probably wondering why my wings are black instead of white," you waited till he nodded before continuing. "I'm one of the fallen angels. I fell in love with the wrong man and as a punishment, they turned my wings black and dropped me from the sky."

Geralt chuckled. "Well that's one way to deal with things. What happened to the man you loved?"

You looked down at your hands, a distant look in your eyes. "The man that I loved is a very powerful angel. So of course he wasn't punished." You looked up to Geralt and your eyes met, sending a sparkle through your body.

"I wasn't the only angel that fell that night Geralt. We fell with hundreds, if not with thousands, all for different reasons. But we're here, hiding in plain sight. We mean no harm, we just want to live."

Geralt reached out and intertwined your hands, trying to offer you some support. "I believe you, Y/N. You don't have to convince me, I just have one more question."

You gestured for him to continue and he did, his voice soft, almost caring. "What were you doing in the woods?"

Your heart ached at the memory and you turned your face away from him, trying to hide your tears, as they threatened to spill over. Your voice was barely above a whisper as you answered. "I got betrayed, by someone close to me."

You sat down at the edge of the lake, you black wings stretched out behind you, as you leaned down to wash your face, shivering at the first touch with the cold water. You usually never had your wings in full display, but you observed this place and noticed that it was fairly empty, especially this early in the morning.

You once again leaned down to the water, ready to wash your long hair, when you heard a twig snap. You tried to hide your wings, but were too late as heavy footsteps approached you, pulling you on your feet.

You gasped as you noticed the man in front of you, and tears started to blur your vision.

"What are you?" He demanded, holding your arms in a tight grip. "Tell me the truth, you witch."

You cried out in pain as the grip on your arms tightened. "Please Mark, you know me. I'm not a witch, just let me explain, please."

He pulled you in, bringing your face closer to his. "I don't know you. You lied to me, and I will never forgive you for this." He turned to look back at one of the houses and whistled. "Beside, I'm not the one that you should explain yourself to."

He turned you around and you watched in fear as two man made their way over to the two of you, sly smirks on both of their faces. You struggled against Mark's tight grip, feeling useless as you weren't able to move an inch.

So you did the only thing you could think of, as you closed your eyes, channelling your powers, before releasing them. The world around you turned white as your power hit its targets and you fell down on your knees. You heard the screams of the people around you, as you took off, into the woods.

Geralt looked lost at words as you finished and you pulled your knees up, wrapping your arms around them. "I'm so sorry you had to witness mankind's worst side. You didn't deserve that."

A lone tear fell down your cheek as you looked at him. "You know what my power did to them?" You sniffled and felt your throat close up. "It left them as dust. I burned three man down to the ground. I'm a horrible person."

You hid your face on your knees and sobbed, finally letting the feeling of hurt and fear take over, as you broke down in front of the witcher. You barely noticed the hands that wrapped themselves around your waist, lifting you in his lap, careful not to bother your wings.

Your wings folded themselves behind your back as you got pulled against his chest, your face hidden in the crook of his neck, inhaling the calming scent of chamomile. A scent that became strangely familiar to you. Your body became heavy as the relaxing scent took over and you had a hard time, keeping your eyes open.

You felt a finger softly traced the bridge of your nose and your eyes fell shut, your body growing limp. You heard a soft whisper, that was too quiet for you to make out, before your body fell limp and you got dragged into the dark.

"Sleep, love. You're safe with me."

Authors note:
A looooot of people asked for a second part, so here it is 😉 Enjoy y'all