Iced Coffee Part 2

Davina never waited for him. He had hurried through his interviews, eager to get back to the brunette, but she wasn't there. Her empty cup was still on the table as he sat down, hiding his face in his hands. He knew nothing about the woman, only that she was visiting London for the music.

"Wait, music," he whispered to himself, jumping from his chair.

If he wanted to find her, he had to search for live performances in the neighborhood. He straightened and moved towards the girl behind the counter. She smiled as he approached, ready to take his order. "How can I help you today?"

He scratched the back of his neck with a sheepish expression on his face. "Hi, eeehm... do you know if there will be any open mics or live performances tonight?"

The girl giggled at his awkwardness, "yes actually. If you have one second." She walked through the doors that separated the counter from the back office and returned with a black flyer. "Here you go," she pointed to the other side of the street, "it's just over there, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Is that all?"

He grinned at her, showing his fangs. ''Yes, thank you, have a good day.''

She winked at him before moving to the next customer, and Henry walked out of the shop, skipping in excitement.

The bar was packed as he barged in, the music blaring through the speakers. Smoke flowed through the room, making it hard to identify the people around him, as he made his way to the front of the bar, close to the stage. He kept his head low as he sat down, trying to avoid being recognized by the crowd. The room turned dark and a lone figure appeared on the stage, a mic already in his hands.

''Good evening everyone! Welcome, welcome, I'm very pleased to announce our special guest for tonight. This young lady already made a pretty good name for herself in her own country and decided to bless us with one of her original songs,'' the host took a deep breath, ''ladies and gentlemen, Davina Ackerman!''

The people around him started to cheer as she entered the stage, guitar in hand, and a small smile pulling at her lips. The bright spotlight made her steel eyes sparkle with joy as the crowd cheered for her. She pushed her guitar to her back as she adjusted the mic to her height, and waited patiently as the noises died down, all eyes on her.

''Hello everyone,'' she waved sweetly, her eyes flickering around the room, ''thank you all for coming here tonight, I'm going to perform one of my new songs called: bad dreams, please enjoy.''

She grabbed her guitar and took a deep breath, before starting to play.

Darling, I've been having dark dreams

They come home to haunt me

I can't seem to let them go

Darling, I've been having sad dreams

I don't know where I've been

But I know what I've come to

How about we play a game

I know you'll like it, oh

You stay as far as you can

Before they get to you

I may seem crazy but

It's only 'cause I am

Before they capture your mind

Run, run, run

Goosebumps rose on his skin at the smooth sound of her voice and he leaned forward, caught in her spell.