Taking care

At first, Henry didn't notice anything different about you. He would be away for weeks and when he came back, you would be there to greet him, always with a soft smile on your face. In the weeks that he was gone, the two of you would facetime or call, and you always seemed content, never once complaining about being alone.

The past few week, however, he did notice a change in you. Your smile was a little toned down, your eyes not sparkling like they used to. The conversations the two of you had were either short or cut off, like you had something better to do, and it made Henry anxious.

One day his fear got the best of him and he took a deep breath. ''Do you even still love me, Y/N?''

You reassured him, of course you loved him, how could he even think that? But it still didn't feel right for Henry.

He paced through his hotel room, his phone pressed against his ear. You had agreed to call him that night, but you never did, and got him worried when you didn't pick up your phone. When your phone went to voicemail for the third time, Henry made a decision, grabbing his belongings.

He caught the first flight back to London and arrived a few minutes before midnight, stepping into the first cab he laid his eyes on. He fumbled with his keys as he stood in front of your shared mew, nervous all of a sudden. He softly opened the door, and the sound of nails on the floor warned him about the arrival of his bear. Henry crouched down in front of the huge dog and wrapped his arms around his neck, enjoying the comfort of home that Kal brought.

He looked Kal into his big brown eyes. ''Where is she, Kal?''

He let out a whine and ran in the direction of the bedroom, Henry hot on his tail. He stopped at your side of the bed and released another whine, nuzzling his nose against your arm, looking back at Henry when you didn't respond to him. Henry moved closer to you, concern clear in his eyes at your lack of response, and most his hand towards you. He bit back a gasp as you were burning up, and untangled you from the covers.

He pulled back and dragged a hand through his hair, as panic slowly tried to take over. He leaned down to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear. ''Everything will be alright, love,'' he softly whispered. ''I'm going to take take care of you.''

He walked into the bathroom and drew a cold bath, shivering as the cold water touched his skin. He quickly undressed you, leaving you only with your underwear before undressing himself. Henry lifted you from the bed and lowered both of you into the bath, taking a deep breath through his nose as the cold water hit both of you.

You came back to conscious with a gasp, fighting the tight arms around you, to get out of the cold water. You felt lips against your ear and a stream of reassuring words streamed around you, making you relax into his arms. ''I'm right here, my love. I've got you.''

You leaned your head against him chest and closed your eyes, letting the cold water cool you down.

You didn't realize you nodded off, until you felt how Henry started to shake. You looked up to him and noticed the clench of his jaw, a sign that he was uncomfortable. ''I think I'm ready to get out Henners.''

He lifted you from the bath and dried you off, wrapping you in a new set of pj's before getting ready himself. You watched as he quickly pulled on some short, and felt the bed dip as he moved to lay next to you, tucking the sheets a little tighter around you. He leaned his head on his hand as he looked down to you. ''Why didn't you tell me you were sick?''

You averted your eyes and fumbled with the sheets, searching for words. ''I just didn't want to worry you, you're busy enough.''

You let out a yelp as he pulled you against his chest, spooning you. ''I'm never too busy for you, love. You're the most important person in my life.''

You made yourself comfortable, and felt how sleep tried to claim you. ''I love you Henry Cavill.''

Henry smiled against your back, resting his head in the crook of your neck. ''And I love you Y/N.''