Sicfic: Clark Kent

Mel slowly opened the door of the apartment, confused by the fact that all the lights were turned off. Clark was supposed to be home, he always managed to beat her on the way home.

Usually he would poke his head around the door to greet her with a big goofy smile and his weird apron, but not now. She turned on the lights and slowly made her way around the apartment. He wasn't in the living room, kitchen or bathroom.
Mel was nervous by the time she arrived at the bedroom. She put her hand on the doorknob, but stopped when she heard soft noises on the other side of the door.

She took a sharp breath and pushed the door open. She could make out the outline of a man, buried underneath the covers. Mel walked to her side of the bed and turned the little light on, revealing her boyfriend. Or what was visible of him. His dark hair, normally so carefully styled, was now a disheveled sweaty mess pressed into the pillow.

Careful not to wake his slumber Mel softly lay her hand on his forehead. As soon as her fingers touched his forehead she let out a hiss. He was burning up. She sat down at the edge of the bed, causing Clark to stir.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Mel softly whispered, as soon as Clark opened his eyes.

Clark made an unintelligent noise and reached out to hold one of Mel's hand. His piercing blue eyes focused on her face and she could see the pain he was trying to hide.

"I feel like I've received a big hit on the head. It's like my skull is going to explode. I'm sweating, but I'm also very cold. Ow and I'm nauseous."

Mel couldn't help but laugh at her clueless boyfriend.

"What are you laughing about? This is serious, what if someone poisoned me with kryptonite?"

Mel quickly stopped laughing as she saw real panic appear on Clark's face. She softly cupped his face in her free hand, causing him to lean into her touch.

"Sweetheart, no one knows you're superman. There's no need to worry." She couldn't keep the smile off her face when she added: "I think you got the flu."

Clark looked at her like she just grew 2 heads.

"What do you mean, the flu? I never ever had the flu before, why now?"

Mel moved to the other side of the bed and lay down next to him. Clark, following her movements, turned to face her. Clark swung his arm over her waist and nestled his head on her chest and let out a heavy sigh.

Mel raised her hand and stroked the side of his face.

''You're going to be fine Clark, I will take care of you. The same way you always care about me.''

Clark just hummed and tightly wrapped her in his arms. With his face buried in her neck he mumbled: ''Can we just stay in bed for the rest of the week and cuddle? I don't want you to get up and leave me.''

Mel let out a soft giggle, ''Fine, you get 5 minutes, but don't expect more. I have to get us something to eat.''

Clark took a deep breath, the warm air tickling her neck, and made himself comfortable. Mel softly stroked the length of his back, as a content sigh left his lips. As the minutes ticked by, his arm around her waist became heavier and his breathing deeper. Mel slowly removed his arm from her waist and supported herself on one hand. She leant over Clark's sleeping form and gently pushed a strand of hair out of his face. She leant over and pressed a soft kiss on his lips.

''I love you,'' she whispered before turning around to push herself off the bed. A vine like grip stopped her from moving and a firm thug on her hand caused her to fall in the arms of her smirking boyfriend.

''Don't even think about it, you promised me 5 minutes. We're going to make most of it.''

Authors note:

So hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the first small one shot in this book. Make sure to send in a request so that I can continue writing for all of you 🤙🏼