Chapter Seven: Touch His Bong.

dedicated to hazel (Hazel_Cahill)also known as @hazelfrazier_ on ig for the cover above! thank you <3

Chapter Seven: "Touch His Bong."

THE FIRST TIME I had ever been in a boy's room with the intention that we weren't going to be just friends, was when I was sixteen. He had walked into his room, and cooped on his bed while I questioned every single action I was to make. Three options were always considered.

One: lean against the door. You wait for him to tell you what to do knowing that you are definitely not going to do as he says.

You never do.  

Two: walk around while commenting on the trophies he won at his third-grade cross country meet or the picture of him and his friends from high school.

You didn't usually care.

Three: join him on the bed.

The options were juggling in my head as I surveyed his space.

Aven's room was lightly dimmed by the lamp hanging over his desk. The double bed with dark blue sheets was almost pushed up against the wall and two posters were hung up on either side of it. Behind the headboard, a projector sat on a small stand, pointed in the direction of where a projector screen was standing against a wall.

I settled for option one, leaning against the door. Aven dropped his bag on the ground, turning to me, "You just going to stand there?" Once I pushed myself off the door, he muttered, "Finally."

"Leave me alone," I grumbled, joining him in a soft laugh as I went over to the photograph on his nightstand. "Your parents?"

He picked up the frame, gesturing for me to take it. I did as he asked, his warm hand brushing against my own. "Mmhmm."

"Your dad is really tall," I commented. His father had a few inches on him. His dark skin was almost the same shade as Iman's but he held Aven's smile and broad shoulders. On the other hand, Aven's mom had a lighter complexion than her son's but he had her eyes and lips.

"He's about a foot and a half taller than my mom."

"No siblings?"

"I grew up an only child, then they adopted my little sister about three years ago," He answered. "What about you?"

"I have a sister too. Technically, my half-sister." The half part never truly mattered.

"Mom or dad?" he asked.

"We share the same mom but my dad is practically hers too." I put the photograph down, mentally reminding myself to call Abisola soon. The sudden silence between us surprised me. "You're lucky your room isn't next to Kyle's."

"I'm lucky for thick walls and the fact that Dev's room separates us," Aven took his sweater off to reveal the black shirt he was wearing underneath.

"So, you all share one car?" I asked.

The car ride was interesting. Aven drove and Kyle sat in the front while I spoke to the girl Kyle was attempting to get with. It was obvious she knew why Kyle had invited me to tag along as we talked in the backseat of the car while Aven had driven here. She didn't mind though. The second that we had entered the apartment the boys lived in, she and Kyle scattered to his room before I could even take off my shoes by the front door.

"Actually, we all chipped in to buy a used car," He slid the closet door shut. "It made sense in the long run. It helps out Dev a lot because he has an internship during the year downtown."