24: His Everything

Zhan's head started spinning and throbbing trying to find clues and over-analysing the situations surrounding Yibo. His secrets. His intentions. His feelings. But the more Zhan tries to understand him, he just finds more dead-end questions rather than answers.

The silence that embraced them while delving into the sensitive topic propelled them to naturally come into a stop and dropped the subject. One remaining afraid and cautious, while the other remains objective yet sealed.

Mature lads they are, they understood and knew that they both need to sort out their own messy thoughts and spiraling feelings. That they need to trust, than exhaust efforts.

'Patience.' Zhan quoted in his mind as he quietly sat behind his desk which was geniusly positioned opposite Yibo's, so that when one raises his head, the charming view of the other would caught them in a trance.

'Brilliant. Just brilliant.' Zhan bit his cheek to stop himself from foolishly smiling widely on his own. He realized he is such a simpleton getting all happy with just the thought of seeing the businessman Yibo up-close.

He still can't get used to seeing Yibo's natural-coloured hair of dark brown which is now cut short and combed neatly, making his flamboyant wavy mane just a memory of the past. The way Yibo looks with his new dress code of business suit, impeccable and neat.

'Just how could a man be so sinfully gorgeous and handsome, flawless and perfect in every angle?!'

Oblivious with Zhan's internal remarks, Yibo diligently continued the work he and Haoxuan had left a few minutes ago, another wonder for Zhan's eyes to feast.

Finally, after giving a few more praises to Yibo, Zhan had snapped out of his delusions and jump to the task of studying the overview of The Wang Conglomerate, including its scope and performance in the recent years.

He hates feeling left behind, but what Zhan hated more is knowing that Yibo relies on Haoxuan more than him. Thus, with conviction and a couple of hours of focus gained him an enormous scale of productivity.

Zhan lost track of time if not for his phone which noisily ringed and displayed Meng Ziyi's number.

"It's already ‪1 o'clock‬!" He gave Yibo a glance and disappointedly pouted. "Is he not hungry or tired?" He mumbled, quirking his eyebrow on the other man who is too engaged on the paper he was reading that it seems even if the world ends that moment, he won't even notice.

Zhan defeatedly sighed and answered Ziyi's call as it seems Yibo isn't the least bit interested on what he is doing. Although Ziyi has only called him regarding their PR company which Zhan had temporarily left into her supervision, his friend's voice was enough to put a smile on Zhan's lips. The impromptu call perked up his bored spirits and ended the noteworthy quietude which was slowly fishing Zhan's sanity in that enclosed room.

Unknown to him, Yibo has his senses now focused on him. His ears eavesdropping on their conversation. His eyes studying his facial expressions. And the smile in Zhan's mouth made the other frown, feeling unease at the pit of his stomach.

Brushing his hair with his fingers, Zhan unconsciously glanced at Yibo's direction and found him menacing.

"Oh, sorry. Am I disturbing you? I'll excuse myself then." Zhan misinterpreted Yibo's expression, scooting himself out the room in a flash to give Yibo the peace and quiet to focus on his work.

Zhan sat on a bench on the rooftop, lifting his head to gaze at the clear sky as he ponders and advise Ziyi of their company's matters.

"I still can't belive you're babysitting that Cold Prince in that Godd*mn Wang Empire! I can't imagine how the world will react if they knew their humble Wang-er Laoshi is actually a gazillionaire!" Ziyi commented on the other line making Zhan shake his head and chuckle darkly.