Lost Sky

Alarms screamed within the darkened hallways. Flashing warning lights provided barely enough sight range to view a terrifying sight. Bodies strewed about the hard concrete floor, some twisted at odd angles. Scarlet splashed across once off white walls. 

Coldness invaded the air of the scene, pitch black portals appearing to release hooded figures onto the gruesome scene. Most would feel sickened by the scent of iron and decay, the sight of corpses carelessly fallen. The figures hardly even blinked. Even if they were not veterans to such a sight years before, it had become far to common over the last year. 

"Looks as though the Scarlet Ghost has struck again. A true massacre of the Estraneo famiglia. Wonder what they did that was so disagreeable to that Bloodied Saint," one figure commented as he looked about.

Another figure snorted and slightly moved away from the doorway of the roomn he had been searching. Cages lined the walls. Most were empty but several held dried blood while others held small broken bodies that were already beginning to decompose.

"You tell me idiota. This seems to be the same as all their other hits. A familigia who had dark secrets. Ones we could never confirm or condemn them for. Look thoroughly. They always leave evidence of the famiglia's crimes so that the blame will not fall to them. We've been ordered to burn the building afterwards."

Another figure spoke up from further down the hall, "are we to contact the Them?"

"No, the Boss said there is no need. They are most likely already aware and searching," the apparent leader responded. All of the cloaked figures nodded before continuing to gather what was required. As they finished, the portals appearing once more, the last to enter simply lit a small black flame and dropped it uncaring upon the blood soaked floor before stepping through the closing hole.

So caught up in their job, the figures completely over looked a figure hidden beneath mist flames. They were so little an amount, just enough to avert any attention the user might gain, it was easily missed in a small space that was filled with lingering flame residue. As the hooded figures (Vindice the figure thought, eyes narrowed with slight worry and pain, The Mafia's police.) left, the figure released the illusion while staring almost numbly at the fire that had been started by the last cloaked person.

He, for though his looks were rather androgynous he was certainly a (small) male, had gravity defying brown hair that was more disheveled than usual. Skin that was pale enough to have him be labeled a ghost. His eyes, once brilliant and bright, were dull with weariness and pain. Highlighted heavily by dark half circles from his sleepless nights. His clothes, the very suit he had arrived to this world in, were in tatters. Hanging from a semi-malnourished frame. If any of his friends were to see him (They won't though, he couldn't help but think, they never will again. They are gone.) they would be stunned to silence at his cold, emotionless facade.

He had forgotten how to smile. 

He closed his eyes, feeling the heat from the blaze get closer. He sighed before opening his eyes once more. A small amount of determination, to better the future of this world if not his own, entered his features before he stepped forward once and took off for the exit of the destroyed building. 

As he passed the bodies of those he had taken the life of he said a prayer. Begging for understanding (No, not forgiveness. He didn't deserve forgiveness.). He could feel himself growing weaker, the smell of burning flesh growing stronger, until he finally burst through the exit of the destroyed Estraneo base. He entered the shadows and turned to watch the burning of another ghost from his past. He looked slightly lost as he saw another piece of the dangerous future he had come from turn to ash. 

What's next?

He had defeated the Arcobaleno curse.

Destroyed the Estraneo.

Banished Daemon to his proper place.

Saved Byakuran from madness.

Accepted the Sky pacifier in place of Aria.

What should he do now?

His guardians were yet to be born.

He couldn't find Kawahira anywhere.

He was lost. This world was not originally his. Kawahira had told him he was not even meant to be born into this dimension. He was an outlier. Yet, Kawahira had told him he was needed. Required even. How?

The male's eyes deadened. His vision began to darken, senses turning off. Then, a sound. Almost to quiet to be heard and if not for Reborn's spartan sadistic training, he would have fallen where he stood to the approaching pistol whip.

"Oh ho. So you are pretty good after all. Though staying at the scene of the crime was rather stupid, neh?"

That voice. So familiar. To familiar. Looking up slowly brown eyes met pitch black orbs. Curly sideburns and fedora placed perfectly. Sadistic smirk flashing across familiar features. Unruffled suit and tie as usual. Reborn stood in all his glory. The male felt his eyes widen. 

"Chaos, Bloodied Saint. Or do you prefer Scarlet Ghost?"

No.

They couldn't find him.

He couldn't be found by them, especially not him.

With widened eyes he turned to run. Pulling his blazer as tightly around his frame as he could before attempting to make a run for it. He couldn't let them find out.

Before he could make it more than three steps though, a fist planted itself into his stomach. Looking up, he met the hardened caramel eyes and a face that caused him so much pain from it's similarity to his cloud guardians. He released a gasp of pain, more from the sight of the Chinese man than from the punch. Arms quickly clasped his form as the darkening of his vision quickened its pace. 

The last thing he thought as the darkness over took his mind and he fell heavily into Fon's arms to the sound of others arriving was his talk with Kawahira upon arriving in this Parallel world.

"Listen up Tsunayoshi, this world is different from yours in two main ways. You will never be born. However, that doesn't mean you aren't needed. In this world soul mates are very much real and you happen to be a match for several people. Lucky you! Now, when you arrive you will have their names tattooed somewhere on your body. Oh? You don't want soul mates? to bad! Have fun now child!"

 --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Hopefully you enjoyed this read! Thank you and hope to see you again!