Remus blushed and looked away again.

Where had that thought come from?

He mentally groaned, why was he having these thoughts? He barely knew Charlie. They were hardly even friends. They were ... acquaintances! At the most!

Abby caught Remus looking again and grinned when she noticed the blush now staining his cheeks pink.

Remus' eyes widened when the Slytherin caught him staring at Charlie and he hurriedly looked away, and brought his book up to hide his face as his cheeks turned an even darker shade of pink.

"Just trust me Chaz. Chemus is real." Abby grinned as she turned her head back to Charlie, who was now trying to encourage a bee to land on his flower crown.

Oliver and Sam stared at the first year like she was crazy. Charlie grinned happily as the bee (who he had now christened Joey) landed on one of the flowers in his flower crown. Then his brows furrowed as he registered what Abby had said, a puzzled expression falling onto his face.

Abby sighed again as she saw the confused expressions on their faces. Merlin, they're hopeless. She was dealing with idiots.

Eventually Oliver dared ask, "Chemus? What the hell is a chemus?"

Abby snorted and then explained to the clueless older students, "Not a chemus, idiot, Chemus. It's a ship name. It's kind of a muggle thing. It's when you want two people to get together so you merge their names. I thought Chemus sounded better than Rarlie, don't you agree?"

They continued to stare at her like she was crazy.

"Ship as in ... a boat?" Oliver asked. Abby mentally facepalmed again. Sweet Salazar, she needed to find new people to hang out with.

At the same time Sam said, "But I'm Muggle-Born and I don't know about this 'ship' thing."

Abby shrugged. "Some girl in my village taught me about it over the summer holidays."

A shadow fell over the small group as someone approached them.

"Ben, your sister's weird." Sam said.

Ben laughed and sat on the grass in between Charlie and Abby, forcing his sister to budge up.

"I know. She's adopted." Ben grinned as he ruffled her hair, getting an indignant squeak out of the small Slytherin.

"I'm not. But if I was, at least they wanted me." Abby replied after she managed to throw her older brothers hand off of her hair. She frowned slightly, remembering that her parents hadn't replied to any of her letters since school started. Well, more like since she was sorted into Slytherin.

Sam snorted and Oliver and Charlie 'ooh'ed.

Ben rolled his eyes. "Love you too, sis."

     Abby muttered something that sounded like, "You big sap." Under her breath, prompting Ben to poke her in the ribs.

"So what are we talking about?" Ben asked.

"Charlie's date with Lupin." Sam grinned.

"It wasn't a date!" Charlie exclaimed in annoyance.

     "Mhm. Sure." Oliver hummed. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and scrunched up his face as if concentrating. His hair started to turn dark green. "Hmm. Whatcha think, blue or green?"

     Sam slapped the back of his head. "Green's my colour you nonce, choose a different one!"

     Rubbing the back of his head and grinning, Oliver immediately turned his hair bright, neon pink. "What about this colour Ben?"