15

——

15 - Tears

——

They watched Charlie walk out of the Hufflepuff common room despite Sam calling for him to stop. As soon as he was gone, Sam stopped calling after him and instead started repeatedly hitting Ben.

      "You. Absolute. Idiot!" She shouted at him.

      "Ow. Ow." Ben muttered every time Sam hit him. "Ow! Hey!"

      Ben took cover behind Fiona when Sam refused to stop hitting him and had to be held back by Hestia.

"He's going to think we're conspiring against him with his brother or something now!" Sam screeched, her volume reflecting how angry she was. "You IDIOT!"

She picked up a random book lying on the sofa next to them and threw it at him, hitting him on the shoulder because Fiona wasn't big enough for him to hide behind.

"It went terrible with Billy by the way." Fiona interjected, slightly scared for her boyfriend's life. "He's too scared of their Dad to stop being a dick."

"He's a dick by himself without his Dad." Hestia muttered, releasing Sam as she had calmed down.

"True, but he's more of a dick when his Dad is involved." Ben said, stepping out from behind Fiona now that Sam had calmed down, and slipping an arm around Fiona's shoulders.

     Sam sank into the sofa next to Abby and Rose, who where watching with wide eyes, and rested her head in her hands. "What now?" She asked.

     Hestia rested a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I guess we'll have to try and explain it to him. He's Charlie, he can't stay mad at us forever, he'll listen." She paused and frowned, "Right?"

     Ben sat down next to Sam, Fiona sitting in his lap, "Who knows. He was really upset."

     "What exactly happened with Billy, Fiona?" Hestia asked, sitting on the floor opposite the sofa.

     Fiona sighed. "Well, I confronted him, like we talked about, and then he tried to hex me, and stormed out. We probably made it worse."

     Ben's face reddened and his muscles tensed, "He tried to what?!"

     "Hey, it's okay. I said he tried to, it's me remember? He didn't even come close to hitting me with it." Fiona comforted, squeezing Ben's hand.

     Ben was still glowering, "Doesn't change what he tried to do."

     He looked like he was mentally planning Billy's murder.

      "We fucked up guys." Sam muttered.

      "Big time." Said a new voice behind them.

      Oliver stepped into view, looking grim. "I just saw Charlie walking off. He looked like he was about to cry."

      Sam chucked a cushion at him, "Why didn't you go after him? You're the only one he's not mad at!"

      Oliver shrugged and took a seat next to Hestia on the floor, "He looked like he needed some alone time."

     The group was attracting some attention now, as the only Hufflepuffs in the group were Ben and Rose, and while Hufflepuffs didn't mind people from other Houses coming into their common room, it was still unusual, especially in such a big group.

     Sam groaned. "He's Charlie! He doesn't like alone time!"

     Oliver frowned, "Well fuck."