01 - welcome to love island

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 01 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Your stomach is turning as you ride in the backseat of a black shiny Jeep. The nerves poke and irk at the back of your spine. It leaves you a little sweaty. Why did your friends back at home convince you to do this? Did the idea of being thrown into a gorgeous private resort with the chance of romance really persuade you? Yeah, it did. A free vacation and romance sound really nice. Really nice. Only because you've had it at work. They've overworked you too far to the point where you decided to quit and join a reality TV show.

You're also lonely. It's not fair. When your boyfriend of three years dumped you out of the blue, you were devastated. You didn't understand how he was able to move on so quickly when he said, 'I need to focus on me.' Bullshit.

So maybe this is a perfect opportunity for you to focus on yourself. Fuck him. Get your free vacation, make friends, and maybe, just maybe, find somebody worth your time.

If you end up going home right away, well then shit. At least you tried, right?

You take in the biggest breath you've ever taken in your life to soothe your nerves. This is it. It's time to walk into the villa. You have no idea what to expect but here goes nothing. A million people will probably see the sweat on your forehead but oh well.

You step out of the Jeep in your hot bikini and overdone heels. The sun hits your face and you immediately shield yourself from the rays. You're reminded to look confident by producers around you so you straighten your posture.

Oh, god please don't fall.

"Wow..." you say as you take your steps into the resort. You walk past the hot pink fluorescent lights and leafy green walls. Then you're in. You see the pool, the floats, the jacuzzi, little gym and not to mention the girls who have arrived before you.

The beautiful girls are jogging towards you

The beautiful girls are jogging towards you. These are the girls you'll be vacationing with. They are on the same journey to find love. You only hope they're as nice as they look.

"Hi, babe!"

"Hey!" you say back and wave. You stride towards them and you immediately greet them with hugs and quick kisses on the cheek. You introduce yourself and smile wide when you're complimented on your beauty. "Thank you, thank you... You're all so damn pretty."

"I'm Maya, by the way!" The pretty one with fair skin, pretty blue eyes and dark hair says. She looks young, she might even be twenty, you think.

"Maya," you repeat to make a note of it. Something tells you that you won't forget a pretty face like hers. You then turn to the other three girls. They've told you their names. You decide to repeat them. "You're Alex, Priya, and Nala!"

"Yes, girl! You must be the last one... Let's go sit by the pool!" Nala says. She's so pretty, too. Her dark skin almost shines as sunlight bounces off of her. She takes your hand and you smile as she drags you along with the other girls to the famous pool you've seen on TV.