[𝟖] 𝐒𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐥𝐝

Start from the beginning

I stuck my fingers between her lips and pushed her head back, earning a grumbled 'ow' from her. Flynn let out one of his breathy laughs and gave us our food.

"On the hous- drive-thru for the show. Have a good day." He flashed a wink at Grace who just flipped him off and practically tore her happy meal apart.

"You're so freaking cute."

She looked up at me for a moment, smiling with a fry sticking out from the side of her mouth. "So I've been told."

🌊🌊

When we got to my house, Grace dashed into the house, she had to use the bathroom yet again. She abandoned her stuff in the car so I grabbed it for her and brought it upstairs into my room. She was using the bathroom just opposite my room so all I could do was wait patiently.

My phone rang with a number I didn't recognize written across the screen. I answered, pressing my phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"This is Sam, right?" A voice wavered.

"Uh, yeah."

"It's Ray, Grace's-"

"Sister." I finished. "Yeah, I know. You sound upset, everything good?"

"Not really." A sob broke through. "I need to ask you a favor."

"Oh, yeah, no, of course, what's up?" I sat up a little straighter. What was I supposed to do? The only girl I've dealt with that was crying was Grace and with my sister gone, I was rusty at this whole 'don't cry everything's alright' thing.

"Can you keep Grace out of the house for a little while? Mom's back and uhm... I don't think she'll take it very well. And especially with everything going on with her-"

"She told you?" I asked, my throat suddenly feeling dry. This surge of guilt flew up my spine but I didn't understand why. Why was I feeling guilty for not telling her? I think in a way, I feel bad for not telling anyone. It'd been a while since I'd kept something completely to myself.

"She didn't have to, she's my sister. Also she left her journal on the counter." She sniffled. "Please don't let her come home, Sam. She's going through enough right now and my mom isn't something she needs to add to her list of shit that's going wrong."

"Of course." I sniffled. I didn't even notice I was tearing up. My mom left us for a short time after she had Maddie, they both got sick after the birth and I didn't see her for almost a year. So in a sense, I get it. "And if you ever need anything, I'm a call away."

She chuckled. "You've already claimed my sister, don't come for me too, Sam." She sniffled again. "And thanks. I have to go but-"

"Is it Grace?" Someone asked in the background hopefully. I didn't know who it was but it sounded like a woman. And my blood just boiled at the sound of it.

"Bye," I said.

"No, it's just a friend." She told her mom. "Bye, and thanks again."

Then she hung up and Grace skipped into the room happily. "The water hose has been turned off."

"So you were turned on before you went to do your business?" I smirked, moving over on the bed as she jumped onto it.

"Duh, how else would I have watered the garden that is your toilet?" She gave me a look. I rolled my eyes, pushing her away by the head.

"You're fucking nasty." I smiled at her. She shrugged, turning to lay on her stomach and folding her hands under her chin, her elbows holding her up.

"What can I say? It's a gift." She winked. After a beat of silence, she sprang up from the bed. "I have to go home for some clothes."