Chapter 17: A Twisted Fate

Start from the beginning

     "So this is why you came to the market today? You already have a favorite brooch," Namjoon said and watched Jimin pick up a few to only put them down once more.

      "I lost it. Now, I'm looking for a new one that would be my all-time favorite!" Jimin assured and eyed another before picking it up.

      "Didn't your father say you can't go out anymore? What are you doing?"

       "It doesn't matter. I won't do as he says, he doesn't own me and he can't tell you to track me down if you're here with me."

      "I don't like the idea of being used, Park Jimin."

      "You would do the same if you were in my shoes," Jimin replied and finally chose a brooch that had ruby stones attached to it with a fake orchid over the clip. "I like this one..."

      "You like all of them, why don't we just get them all?"

       "Are you insane? I wouldn't rob the other omegas of their brooches. One is fine enough." Jimin replied and continued to gaze into the one he selected, reminding him of the brooch he gave to the king. "...Namjoon, what do you give to someone who already has everything?"

      "Oh, well, since they have everything, there must be something they don't have," Namjoon answered as Jimin paid for the brooch he chose.

       "Then, what don't they have? There has to be something greater to give them that will beat all the other things."

       "Maybe, all they need is a gift with value or love. Not many could own it, love is given to those who will surely return it. Those are the most precious gifts one can give to a person who owns everything," Namjoon answered as they continued to walk through the crowded market. "Why would you ask such a peculiar question?"

       "I.. I didn't lose my favorite brooch, I gave it to someone who owns everything they could ever ask for, and I was wondering if it was a gift worthy of giving," Jimin answered and thought of Jungkook. Before, he didn't know that the alpha owned everything, so he gave him an expensive brooch believing it was only the best he could give. But, Jungkook was actually the king so the omega couldn't help but to wonder, was an expensive brooch worthy of being given to a man who could have as many brooches as he desired?

       "The sincere value that brooch has is what makes it different and precious than any other gift out there. I'd say it's a perfect gift for someone who owns everything," Namjoon replied. "Who did you give the brooch to?"

        "I-"

      "Listen here and listen well!" A guard interrupted at the center of the market, cutting through the thick noise of many people speaking including Jimin. "The king has announced a marriage ban! Omegas who have reached their heat will be seen by the King himself for selection! No marriages will take place until the King has found his partner. That will be all."

      "A marriage ban, huh?" Namjoon repeated in question as he noticed a big smile seemed to form over Jimin's face. The alpha understood how excited Jimin was, he knew the omega didn't long to marry and it was almost as if his prayers were answered for him. "I guess your wedding will have to wait a little longer."

      "Namjoon, did you hear that?!" squealed the omega as he turned to the older alpha. "I won't get married!"

      "I knew you would be this excited, but don't celebrate too much, the wedding will only be put on hold. You will still marry Hoseok unless he gets impatient or the King marries you himself." Namjoon's short remark left Jimin's heart pounding. The omega knew that at the very end, he would have to marry the king. The idea seemed to be a bit surprising, but deep down Jimin expected it.