MMIQ, Pilot Script / Draft

Start from the beginning

And my roommate was quickly getting on every single one of mine.

Struggling to keep hold of her study materials, she leaves the room.

INT. APARTMENT, HALLWAY -- NIGHT 1

Shooting a nasty glare to the door next to hers, she makes her way to the living room space, dropping a few papers along the way and bending to pick them up.

She mutters angrily in the process.

INT. APARTMENT, LIVING ROOM -- NIGHT 1

Aimee puts the bundle of books and papers on the coffee table in the living room, and throws herself onto the couch with a frustrated huff.

AIMEE (V/O)

I know what you're thinking... I'm the absolute worst at choosing roommates. You'd think a person could get use to this, especially considering this particular situation was a nightly feature...

Aimee shudders at the memory.

AIMEE (V/O) (CONT'D)

... of which I've regretfully seen more than one episode.

CUT TO:

INT. APARTMENT, AIMEE's bedroom, THE PAST -- NIGHT

Aimee is lying on her bed blasting music, before she's startled by the banging of a bed-frame against the wall in the neighbouring room.

She mutters under her breath and tries to press a pillow against her ears to muffle the noise.

CUT TO:

It's a different evening, and Aimee has learned her lesson. She is fully equipped, headphones firmly placed on her head. Nothing can distract her now.

Until the all-too-familiar sound of loud moaning comes from the next room. Despite the headphone, Aimee can still hear it and her face grimacing in anger.

CUT TO:

Rain falls against the window, a storm is brewing tonight. Surely, that means at least this night Aimee will have some peace.

She's sitting at her desk, trying to write an essay on her laptop, when the sound of a pleasurable scream pierces through the room, making her accidentally key smash. 

With a loud groan, Aimee slams her head against her laptop's keyboard.

INT. APARTMENT, living room -- NIGHT 1

Back in present day, Aimee sitting on the living room couch.

AIMEE (V/O)

Where was cancel culture when you needed it?

ACT ONE

INT. APARTMENT, LIVING ROOM -- NIGHT 1

Aimee takes her notes into her hands, starts reading them over, but within seconds exhales loudly and sets them back down.

Her concentration is gone and she's visibly frustrated by it. She grabs the remote control and turns on the TV.

An attractive female news anchor reports on current events.

FEMALE NEWS ANCHOR

-- on the current FIVID-19 crisis. Germany and UK have announced a nation-wide quarantine as their numbers continue to surge. Experts state that--