Chapter 16: New Rules

Start from the beginning

"How could you say that? Speak as if I won't choose you at the end, I want you," Jimin assured and finally sat at the level of Jungkook's eyes to face him properly. "You're the only one I would choose."

"Then tell me... Tell me when you will be ready for marriage and I will marry you, I will make you my king who will rule alongside me," Jungkook confirmed after. He loved the sound of those lovely words rolling off his tongue.

The everlasting feeling of their romance always seemed to warm him up and feed his desperation, he didn't fear losing Jimin at all and believed he would marry the omega at the very end. Brushing off the advice Yoongi gave the alpha about not keeping high hopes for the future since it still had yet to reveal more.

"Then, what would happen after? Will you meet with my father?" Jimin asked into a giggle. "Come over for tea and talk to him about my behavior?"

"Oh Jimin," Jungkook cooed and cupped the omega's face after. "There won't be any need to discuss your behavior... You're not an object, you are your own person to me."

To Jimin's ears, that was all he had ever wanted; to be treated the same in a relationship, and with Jungkook, he received just that. The two stayed together for the morning and after, it was difficult for them to finally leave each other once they went their separate ways.

Eventually, Jungkook reached his throne room where he was just served supper. The alpha was distracted as his servants served him his meal, he couldn't stop thinking of his future with Jimin. The whole morning felt at ease, they held each other and kissed as the romantic morning lasted longer than they expected. As Jungkook was swept by his vast imagination, he didn't realize when Yoongi stepped in to guard him for the hour.

Yoongi dismissed the servants and smiled at the king's direction. He was more excited and alive compared to how he was before without Jimin. At this moment, Yoongi just knew Jimin must have returned to him after so long.

"Someone looks very pleased. After so long, has Jimin finally returned to you?" Yoongi questioned and tucked his hands behind before walking forward.

"Yes, my swan has returned to me. Now, I can say we are together and we have each other now," Jungkook replied and continued to gaze off; running his hands through his silk sleeves and smiling with his eyes that began to shine like the stars to the night sky. "He is all I've ever wanted, all I've ever lived for, everything I've hoped for... love isn't in our hearts yet, but it's the start of something that will lead to that soon. I like him so much..."

"Does this mean you will marry him tomorrow?" Yoongi joked around and continued to smile at the king. He couldn't help but to feel proud of the king himself for finding Jimin once again and setting things right this time.

"I will marry him when the time is right, I don't want to marry him out of my own wishes, I long for him to make a decision."

"Is he still engaged?"

Jungkook then looked at the guard right after, giving him a more direct and bland glare at the tone of his question. "Yes, but not for long. I will enact a marriage ban. This will give Jimin time for marriage instead of rushing it, it will also put a pause to his 'engagement' so when he is ready, I will be able to marry him once we fall in love. The engagement will be no more and he will be by my side. I just need his word, that is all," Jungkook replied and finally glanced down at his bowl of soup on the table.

"Patience is the best answer, but don't you think setting this up is a bit too soon? The two of you just started something innocent, you don't know if it will last as long as you please," Yoongi mentioned and tilted his head. "Also, this shouldn't be only Jimin's decision on when to marry, it should be yours as well. This is a relationship; a bond of two people. This is a decision the two of you should partake when the time comes after love."