Chapter 16: New Rules

Start from the beginning

"Hey..." Jimin spoke quietly as his eyes locked onto the alpha's beady eyes. "About that time... Do you remember? Remember when you told me about your parents. About how your father would hurt your mother when she was out of place... do you remember that?"

"How could I forget?"

"Were you honest with me then? With everything you told me on your beliefs?" Jimin wondered and gazed into the windows of the alpha's soul.

"I was always honest with you, just not on who I was, but yes, I remember. I remember all of it," Jungkook assured and let out a sigh. The boy was still overwhelmed with guilt when it came to confronting what he hid from Jimin before. It was like a constant reminder going off in his head; reminding him of how untrustworthy he was.

"I now understand why you had to hide such things from me... a King shouldn't be so foolish with who he was to just anyone. You would be vulnerable in the wrong hands. But, you were honest on who you were and that is what confuses me... You trust me with the character you've grown into, but not your actual identity."

"I only avoided that so I wouldn't be used again for my title. Other than my name and my royal line, I gave my all to you. All of my honesty and all of my personality," Jungkook said, carefully moving his hand along the grass where Jimin's fingers clung onto. "I'm sorry I had to start us off on a few lies that carried weight, but when I knew you were the one I could entrust my feelings to, I couldn't keep it in."

"You don't need to apologize to me, Jungkook! I already forgive you," Jimin whispered and intertwined his hand with Jungkook's. "But, are you really going to do this for me? Enact a marriage ban just for me?"

"You aren't happy without the idea of getting to choose who you want eternity with. I want you to have that choice."

"What about you? You're not putting yourself first... you have to think of yourself!"

"Maybe for some people, their way of putting themselves first is the act of putting others first. In other words, I want you to be happy. If you're happy, I will be too," Jungkook concluded and looked at Jimin's reaction. The omega was speechless by just hearing the alpha's words and never seemed to put that in consideration before. He acknowledged other people's feelings, but always put himself before others to make sure he had his way before, but as the king guided his mind to a different way of thinking, Jimin embraced it.

"You're a good man, Jungkook. I'm glad to have a king like you. Putting his people first. If you want to enact the new rules for me, I understand that as well."

This was what made Jungkook happy at their little moments. Jimin was always on the same page as the king, he reasoned with him and understood him. This was more than what Jungkook expected out of their bond; understanding and honesty. Jungkook smiled at Jimin and gazed at their hands that were interlocked.

"Jimin, when I enact this rule... I would be expected to look into omegas and see who is worthy to rule beside me. I want you to know that I will reject them all just for us..." Jungkook whispered but then closed his eyes as he then pressed Jimin's hand against his forehead.

"I understand."

"But, you will have to tell me if you'll want me at the end or not. If you do, we will be arranged to marry, but if you do not, I will have to choose anyone to marry. This isn't something I can lift and go back to searching for love, this is something that will lead me to marriage right after. No mistakes should be made." Jungkook's eyes pleaded to choose him at the end even if the future wasn't clear. Jungkook wanted eternity with this omega already even before they began to love each other.